Licensing procedure for arab doctors in Libya

hi all, my name is Ahmed, i am a doctor from Palestine, i am thinking about working in Libya for a year or so, i am about to get my ECFMG certificate "License to practice medicine in USA" and i have 4 years of working experience

i wanted to ask u few questions.
what is the procedure for getting a license to practice medicine in libya?
is it easy to get a job once in the country? my sister lives in Tripoli and i am gonna be staying with here, do u think that it is easy to get a job there?

thank u so much

..yes, you still need to apply for a medical qualifications exam and you also need a work visa.  therefore you need to exit the country and apply for a work visa with a copy of your contract etc.

you should also keep in mind that due to the general environment and recent events in libya; hospitals and doctors in general are at great risk and have been targeted.  either because they rescued members of the opposite faction or failed to save the life of one of their own members.

secondly, palestinians / syrians and egyptians are looked upon with suspicion due to recent events - especially those working in the medical sector - some turned out to be Coptic, others turned out to be non qualified.

public sector hospitals are under staffed and most necessities are missing; plus the salaries are very low.  in the private sector preference is given to indian or filipino  doctors due to their decent experience and their wages are slightly below market average.

in conclusion, i'd say you're making a serious gambit coming here.