From Toronto, starting new chapter in Riyadh

Hi

I recently came here in Riyadh from Toronto, Canada. It feels like my first days at school. Zillion questions, million people  and zero answers... My first task is to find a decent room, I heard a lot about western compound, I wish live there to experience the facilities available in compound which were available to me without having to spend fortune and live in boundaries.

Anyway I am here look forward to make new friends, learn new things and gain new life experiences.

Feel free to contact me, as you can understand for now I cannot offer any help ;) in future yes definitely !

Hi rumblex2014,

I invite you to please post an advert in the Rooms for rent in Riyadh section as it might help :)

Thank you

Maximilien

I think I already have. But I'll check.. Thanks

(moderated)

Go thru the forum, and you will find tons of info.
At first place, if you're single (or planning to be), you can find people who want to share a villa or room in a compound.
Post an add. Also check out expatriates.com

welcome to the Magic  Kingdom! enjoy!

What's keeping people stick around in this country?

rumblex2014 wrote:

What's keeping people stick around in this country?

money and opportunities?! I guess!  how about  you?lol. have  you ever asked yourself? :D

I used to live in toronto for 3 years till last Jan. :)
I am so missing things had been doing there.
btw, welcome to the this country. Wish you wont have in trouble what I have been through.
and dont be surprised how ppl drive crazy in Riyadh compare with canada lol

:)  yes but for me its just been 2 weeks and it seems that I could've got better package?  I should've put up some more fight in negotiations :) so now I am thinking I like Toronto or the money I am getting here

By trouble you mean dust? Or bad quality internet? Or line ups at bank without actual lines and I can go on and on  :D

Finally it's Friday.... Oppps Thursday ;)
Who cares its weekend  :)
Love days off .. Don't you?

no cold water in shower(actaully was in need of hot water only in toronto by weather lol)

no wild wings and wing days on every tuesday in st.luis while watching hockey.

Awesome driving manner and super fast internet(sarcasm)

you will be faced with tons of time to get hit by if you have a car

ppl say "ppl driving in riyadh are more dangerous than terrorists"

you will be kicked out if you are around at a shopping mall alone on friday.

single is not surpposed to go shopping on the family day , meaning friday or saturday.

only happy thing Ive got in riyadh or ksa is cheap gas price lol.

here is sorry but real half open prison especially for western people, think abt they are not allowing you to shopping if you are alone, what abt to buying a gift for wife, doughter or mom,

They also driving like no rules, like they riding a horse and a question coming to your mind!!! money or freedom, my answer is little money enough for repayment of mortgage at hone country then back to home for raining, sea and snowing,

Rgds

*drool* Wild Wings ...

Welcome to Riyadh, you had one thing to feel Canadian and proud i.e. Tim Hortons and that's equivalent to coffee time over here.

I suggest you visit Jeddah and see the difference. You'd want to live and work here ;)

I know ... Tims was just walking distance from my place.. Ive heard lots of things about jeddah. I hope I'll get a chance to be there..someday

I used to hate Canadian income tax.... But now I want to give them more than I am supposed to ... No kidding, just think about it ....

Hi...I've got my pay check. But I dont want to open an accoint as yet. Can someone guide me how to get it cashed? I have my iqama ...Also which bank and if that opens on Saturdays?

Thanks

Hi,

If you have your iqama with you just visit the corresponding bank with your cheque drawn. Ramadan timings in general are 10 - 4 officially but expect that the staff will come in late and leave early.

Hope this helps.
Regards

Thanks..

Don't worry every things in this country are easy and available compar toCanada expat the weather .Any way, if have 4 bedrooms apartment that located in Olaya area close to the military hospital and king Fahd madical city it's quit area, the building is brand new even the apartment it's new .So just let me know if you want to see the puctiers or if you want to see it bay yourself that would be fine .
[Moderated]