Can I get CPR without Iquama?

Hi
Hope someone can answer my CPR question. My husband has his Iquama and will shortly be looking to get his CPR in Bahrain.
Me and my boys will travel to a Bahrain in the summer and I was wondering if we can directly apply for our CPRs or if we have to travel to Saudi first and get our Iquamas?
I know we could not travel to Saudi without the Iquama but we don't really need to. And it would save us a few wks in Saudi if we can get the CPR directly.
Any advise greatly appreciated
Jessica

from what i know if your sponsor already applied for a work visa for you guys you and the family ,so once you arrive at the airport the system at the airport will recognize that your sponsor applied for a work visa , after you get in Bahrain you have a period of time to get your CPR for you and the family as your sponsor will be responsible for that process , it will take a few days to issue it
-if you dont have a sponsor and you wish to go there for a short visit Bahrain has a list of 32 countries that can get visa upon arrival for two weeks ,eligible to be renewed 3 times.among the nationalities USA,CANADA,THAILAND,NEW ZEALAND,AUSTRALIA,SOUTH KOREA,JAPAN,THAILAND,RUSSIA

I'm sorry but you MUST get your Iqama first before applying for your CPR. You can enter Bahrain on a visit visa but you will NOT get a residency permit without your Iqama. There are numerous processes to go through and many, many forms that need filling in before your CPR can be processed

Thanks for the advise. I figured as much regarding getting CPR ,guess we are Saudi bound so :(

It's not that bad, inside a compound you can wear what you want, make friends and have everything you need around you. Ask company for that or a very good hotel. You will be fine and it's worth it in the end

Hi Jessica,

You shouldn't have to stay in Saudi for too long anyway. It took them four days to sort out my iqama and multi-entry visa - just about enough time for me to try out all the restaurants in the hotel :)

MrsNorris wrote:

Hi Jessica,

You shouldn't have to stay in Saudi for too long anyway. It took them four days to sort out my iqama and multi-entry visa - just about enough time for me to try out all the restaurants in the hotel :)

Proves your hubby has a great HR department for most it's 10 - 14 days. Just don't want to raise hopes about this but I'm glad you were one of the lucky ones  :one

Four days is pretty rapid! Mine took a couple of weeks, which seems to b normal.

Hi , I am in the same situation with my daughter (husband will be working in saudi)  and weighting up the pros and cons of getting our Iquama to get a bahrain cpr or just living in Bahrain on a visiting visa ( I will leave within ever 6 months as we get 2 return flights home a year) ..... Still undecided if it's worth all the paperwork ?

CatERob wrote:

Four days is pretty rapid! Mine took a couple of weeks, which seems to b normal.

Blimey, and here I was, thinking that there's at least one thing Saudis are efficient at  :lol: . On the other hand, it took almost three months to get my CPR done.....

It really depends on which side of the bed they woke up from I guess. 4 days, 4 weeks, 4 months... You never know. It is best to start the procedure as soon as possible though.