- expat blog
- Your favourite team
- From: small earth
- Registered: 2008-06-01
- Posts: 5414
Cost of living in Moldova
It would be very interesting and useful to exchange informations about the cost of living in Moldova
. The idea is to help those who would like to live in Moldova
Don't forget to mention where you are living
Let's compare the:
> accommodation prices (how much does it cost to rent or to buy an accommodation in Moldova
> public transportation fares (tube, bus etc ...)
> food prices(per month, how much does it cost you?)
> health prices (for those who need medical insurance)
> eduction prices (if you need to pay)
> energy prices (oil, electricity)
> common bills (Internet, television, telephone, mobile phone)
> prices of a good menu in a traditional restaurant
> prices of a beer or a coffee in a regular pub
Thanks in advance for your participation!
The expat blog team
Share your expat experience!
- New member
- From: Chisinau
- Registered: 2008-09-06
- Posts: 5
Re: Cost of living in Moldova
It's not that cheap it used to be once, but still very affordable for many. Just to give you a few current examples:
- Rent an apartment: starting with 150 Euro/month, 250-300 would be common. The apartment would be furnished (unlike other countries and you'll have to pay the bills.
- Food: that's getting more expensive lately, if you cook yourself you can make ends meet for about 100-120 Euro a month, if you eat out - that'll cost you.... at least double, but it depends on your choices of course.
- Health: can be pricy sometimes, but people do get here from abroad just to make their teeth, so much much cheaper then in Europe or US.
- Internet: various providers, with fast reliable broadband internet available starting at 15-20 Euro/month.
- Good menu for two in a traditional restaurant: about 20 Euro with a bottle of fine wine.
- Beer: 1 USD from the shop, starting from 2 Euro in a western-style pub, and as low as 1 USD (same as in shops) for local bars.