Queens Birthday

Well, what can I say, this is another year that myself & some of my British born friends have not been  invited  to the High Commission on Thursday, to celebrate the Queens Birthday.
But non British persons have been invited & they are not Ministers.
Any idea who's  back I should scratch or shoes I should lick to get invited.

I've been invited :)  It's a pleasant evening but the venue (Westminster House) is quite small when compared to the other Embassies and High Commissions. I'll bring you back some quiche. ;)

I guess if you have to lick someones shoes to go to such an event, it's not worth going there  :)
Make you own party, like we did on the 20th anniversary of the german reunification on the public beach in FnF, with German beer, and german christmas stollen cake.  :D

I agree,
Just heard from other British expats who aren't happy about this.
They were told there are too many British on the island too invite us.
It was suggested to them that they invite a selection from the Island  to one event & another section to the next event. this should cover the majority.
Dont think they liked the suggestion much, glad the High Commissioner  is on his last year & hope things improve with the next one

Look forward to the Quiche.
Are you from the UK ?
Have a nice time

Thanks. Yes, I am Brit. A piece of quiche and a can of Sam Smiths (or whatever tipple is on offer) will be on its way.

Would love a pint or two of Cider or Bitter , my I'm getting  homesick.

There's no warm, flat British bitter in Paradise.

Hi

at least I once seen Strongbow Cider at Lambic in PL and a big choice of foreign beers (and what the belgiums call beer  :D hopped lemonade). Not sure if they still have it. What about the SA ciders...Hunter and Savannah? I prefer the first one.

Cheers

where in the uk are you from?

Kettering, Northamptonshire, East Midlands.

I was originally born in Clapham London, but kept my cottage in Chipstead Surrey nr Epsom downs. Get very home sick