I am searching for a place to retire to in 4 years

I am searching for a place to retire to in 4 years. I have lived out of the country before and don't have the ties here ( kids etc ) that would make it hard to leave. I would be living as a single woman  with my 2 cats. Living alone was one reason why I did not feel comfortable with Mexico. I would like to be if possible free from t he hassle of a car and would appreciate walking into town etc. I am open to suggestion etc. I am still wondering what are I need to look into that may be close to shopping and the water. Thank you all for any help or suggestions.

Old San Juan would work for you. Perhaps Condado. But other than that, you'd need a car to live.

Hi amethystannie,

I created a new thread with your post on the Puerto Rico forum in order to give it more visibility and to encourage the members to interact with you. ;)

Thanks,

Priscilla

he i did some research for you have a look at this
finance.yahoo.com/news/worlds-9-most-affordable-places-132700908.html

Not to rain on your parade, but you need to think long and hard about present day PR, possibly totally in the context of Mexico.  I lived and worked in PR in the 60s, and it is much the same today as it was then, with the exception of exponentially higher crime.  Living alone outside of the urban area is not an option.  Again, outside of SJ, there is no public transportation, making it a struggle to go anywhere to get anything done.  Here, Mexico is one up.  I was never at a loss for transport anywhere at anytime, and I've lived in, or know, places from Hermosillo, Son, to DF, to Matzatlan and Pto Vallarta to Acapulco.  Good luck.