Marrying a pakistani, moving to Pakistan

Salamo Alaykom every one  :cheers:
I am a moroccan girl who knows a Pakistani, and got a proposal to marry him. He is a good and a nice person. The problem is my family, they would not leave me marry him and move to Pakistan Since in Morocco we only relate Pakistan to Taliban and terrorism and all the stupid media effects.
My bagging is to tell me how is life in Pakistan comparable to life in Morocco. And if u know a Moroccan who lives there or have any relation with Pakistan I would love to contact her  :(

morocco has not a good occupations in his field of studies :(

hi...

just stay where you are...

He works in biology field

@Joiya23 can u more explain please

Can u more explain please

every thing is in other's plate looks very big... i mean morocco is nice place to be... just stay there merry and be happy..
pakistan is my country i love pakistan... but i guees u will not be able to live here.. :)

We are not the perfect country, I agree on that but I read in a lot of blogs about Moroccans who married with a Pakistanis and live happily  in Lahore or IslamAbad. If u have a clear idea about Morocco and how we live I would love to know the exact difference between it and Pakistan like is it the welfare or security... ?

With all my respect u made me laugh
I am not the type of girl who register in marriage sites because it is the silliest idea to find someone to continue ur life with
And I am sure that the big number of Moroccan female in marriage site cover that their is nice ones don't even think to get married
But this is not the point
I didn't met him in that kind of site.
Thnx for mentioning that the doubt of a failed marriage is high as u said in England. But sincerely my concern is the country and not him as a person because I am not dumb to not distinguish between bad or good people. I might be wrong but I analyze things by my mind first

Dear sir, Morocco is not only the cities u visited but visiting them makes u know about it to give such an advice that I really need. And thank u very much for it I will consider it.
I am currently from Fes with Oujda origins. And  have an idea about moroccan westerns girls more than u think . It is true they are searching for a rich gulf man or european to "rescue" them from their situations. But When I met this paki guy I had no idea about getting marrying him. I have a life and planned to continue it but suddenly met him and find out he is a grate human despite his nationality.
Thnx so much for ur advice again .

It is funny because the girls searching to marry from sites made foreigners generalize like the men in Morocco have disappeared and we are exporting from outside or importing well u got my point
U should know that Moroccan girl who do such a research belong to a poor an uneducated class of Moroccan society or just want to explore the world and benefit from "naif" nice men   
Be patient they truly can be dangerous.

Not finding a moroccan man out of 15 million others instead searching for an european one out of 100 million ones is stupidity. Unfortunately, we have that kind of mentality but once again just a group of Moroccan think like that . A man is a man he has good side and bad one we all know that. moroccan man are gentle  and the one who told u they are bad is again generalizing based on his background. A true woman don't search for another purse or air ticket that called greediness. And of course u can find that kind of girls every where. The only thing why Moroccan women especially are known for that because they know how to seduce a man intelligently. Sadly a lot of men step in the whole.
I didn't know that paki is offensive. Thnx for that. And yes he talked to mom and said he will come again. The pro for my fam is that we know in Morocco that the girls who marry a foreigners are either bad or greedy or want to escape from the country (as it was hill)
Excepting such a proposal for them will class me among those girls in my society and  y family can't support that

Unemployment and corruption are every where, if the person is lazy enough to complain and refer these situation he would be a loser and say every thing to make an excuse to himself

U understand the situation very well. As u said the best way no the easiest way for a girl to get what she dreams of is to marry according to her imagination a rich man who will do every thing she wants to do or have. It is not bad to marry and go abroad a lot of moroccan marry each other and immigrate but they are both Moroccan it is bad to marry a foreigner because it will put u in the same classification of other  girls who come from lower class. Since I am from a good family they say I have much better chances to marry a better one and live happily forever in Morocco which is safe and better than Pakistan  according to them.
:( kind of frustrating

Hello ,
I'm an australian woman married to a Pakistani and I've been living here in Islamabad for 5 weeks now . I was certainly very nervous before I came here and sought some advice on this website. Since being here I've loved it. People are so friendly and helpful. I haven't been afraid or nervous at all.
What city does the guy come from ?
Hope this helps .
Cathy.

He is from IslamAbad 2
:)

Islamabad is a really nice city. You can have a really good life here. What does the guy do and what sector does he live in?  I've felt safe since I've been here and I've been treated with friendliness and respect.

He works in biology
Thank u so much for ur answer I was really worry now I feel confident to defend my choice to my family till the end
Shukriaan

Google bahria town islamabad ! its a walled community and a wonder land ! its far more beautiful, developed, organized and maintained than any part of europe.. do google it and you will come to know the real pakistan..

Hello Mimittalili,

Hope you find some useful information here. Please if you have any questions, do not hesitate to post on the forum :)

Thank you,
Christine

a few off topic posts have been removed from here

Yes I'm Caucasian

You're very welcome. I hope you find happiness with your man here.

Following factors must be considered before marrying any one any where in the world.
1. Character
2. health
3. Income
4. height weight match, beauty factors
5. religious and cultural issues
6. Education
7. life styles, including freedom level for females, allowed work, clothing, hi-jab
8. family planning
9. spending habits
10. Social security structure of the country, who pays medical, education bills, self or state.
12. quality of life index
Thanks Cathy522008 for endorsing Pakistan. Pakistan is my motherland and I love her.
Good luck to all

Bassan,

This is the sort of a chart I make when I am buying a new car.

We are humans, we can not be measured and compared . I suggest one should make hos own chart and then figure our what type of a life partner one deserves.....

"He is a great person, the only problem is that he is a Pakistani"

Very disturbing statement, as if being a Pakistani is a deformity or a kind of mental disorder.

My experience says that if a lady was cautious and had reservations and doubts before the marriage, that marriage never worked.

Some of our members talk about "mixed marriage". When a Pakistani goes to US an marries a white lady ( sorry to use this terminology but this is how we describe the situation) that is mixed since religion, race, culture, values , language food are all poles apart. When we talk about Moroccan and Pakistani I am sorry it is not mixed marriage.

My advice is " If you have doubts, forget about it"

I didn't mean that his nationality is a problem for me otherwise I wouldn't think of him as a spouse the pro is my fam and Pakistan I wish that it were safer then their agreements would be easier and my certainty would be emphasized. Lol
I liked ur definition of mixed marriage
Thinking around it is true
We have more similarities than differences . Same religion, way of thinr,  family respect...
U don't know how much u helped me
Jazaka Allah khayrane

Hi,

It doesn't matter where the guy is from, if you two are in love, just go for it. Look for answer inside your heart and do as your heart desires.

But about Pakistan and in particular Islamabad, I really don't know what he would be able to do as a Biologist in Islamabad. I'm thinking, the option he has as a biologist is perhaps becoming a Biology Teacher - and that does not pay good here. Islamabad was beautiful but is under complete re-construction these days. Otherwise, its a peaceful city and a lot of expats prefer living here  I guess. Given, security is a bit of a concern in our country these days, but Islamabad's still pretty safe.

So again, my only concern is his field and I really really don't think he can find a decent job here in Islamabad or Pakistan to say. I'm thinking you being from abroad means the guy your wanting to marry is  able to earn close to PK 1.5 lac minimum to live a decent life to keep you comfortable. 

In my opinion, U.A.E on the other hand would be a better choice for both you guys. Even as a Biology teacher, he can do pretty good. So I mean, the bottom-line being - let him find a good job first and then you settle down with him. If Pakistan is where you ultimately end up being, then NO we're not all Talibans (moderated)

hope it helps :)

I agree. You could always apply for work outside Pakistan once you are married . UAE , UK etc .

Shukriaa and yup it helped

Mimitalili and Cathy522,

Thanks for comments, we are straying from the main topic of the Thread arnt we?

Cathy has a point, I have personally seen a few cases of "Mixed Marriages" in UAE and Saudia and it works wonderfully since both the husband and wife have their own friend too where they feel culturally comfortable.

For sister Mimi, if you do decide to get married in Pakistan, depending on which city you live in, you could easily work as an Arabic Language Teacher, I know a few ladies doing this and earn USD 1000 plus pm easily. You will probably have to polish up your Arabic since Morrocan arabic is mixed with French and official Arabic is اللغة العربية الفصحة or the classic arabic.

thanks.

Woow i didn't know that
and yea my arabic fusha is very good hamdullah.
Thnx again

Ps: mooccqn arabic is not mixed with french, it is 98% arabic but we speak fast and make change in vowels that is why it seems like French but it is not, it is just a stenotype

For شكرا you say مرسي is it not a French mix?

Mimi,

Most marriages that fail, do not fail because one of the spouse could not take the chilies in the food, they fail because of financial hardship and the issue of  making the two ends  meet.

It may sound strange to you, I suggest you as a couple sort out how you will "comfortably" and "respectably" survive, you will make a wonderful couple.

There is only one harsh reality of life , money with a capital M.

Have already told u that it is 98% so we should not forget that 2, besides we don't usually say merci we say shukran, however when we meet foreigners we try our best to communicate with them, it is just come that most tourists are french and Merci now is an international world like okay or hi, so we should not generlize.

I agree on that.

I agree with riazcdki

Mimi,

I was reading in an Urdu book today and thought I could share with you too:

""What a decent man has to offer to a woman is more of ' respect' , rather than' love'. Since you express 'love' to her only on certain special occasions where as ' respect' is the underlying spirit in your entire association.

A woman is half complete without' love', but without 'respect' a woman is not a woman! ""

Bonjour Mademoiselle,

I have read the entire thread. Please note that living in another country no matter where one is from is going to be difficult. You have received some good advice. The bottom line is (what someone pointed out) would you two be able to make enough money to live in that part of Islamabad where most expats live? Someone being a biologist and an Arabic teacher is NOT going to bring enough money to live in that part of Islamabad which is liberal and diverse enough for an educated multilingual Moroccan lady.

I have been to Morocco, France, (many times and I speak French) and I live in the US. It is always difficult to adjust to another culture. You will want to mingle in some sort of francophone community which will only be available at the highest echelons of Islamabad.

Can you afford it? When my daughter wanted to marry my son-in-law and insisted to move away WITHIN the US I told her. "It's not a good idea."
"No Dad I love him."
"But what is he gonna do? Does he have job? Do you have a job?"
"We'll figure it out." she said.
"No dear, Your husband can work in my company." I added. "I can even pay your rent and pay for your food etc. until you two graduate from college."
Her mother pleaded. "Please dont. Finish your school. Both of you are just a year short of graduating."
"No, I love this man, even if I have to live in a cardboard box I will do that. I want to be with him."

So she moves away with the man she loved.

Guess what? After three months they were back to live happily after, in the same neighborhood, where the rest of her siblings lived. Her parents lived. They both graduated next year. They both are working in my company. My wife and I have four grandchildren to play with. They have bought their own house.

So just LOVE is not going to do it my dear! If you have the income (guaranteed not a speculation) by all means move to Islamabad just like the Australian lady.

Don't count on your Arabic prowess of knowing Fus'ha either. Pakistani clerics can speak Classical Arabic so much better, that it would put any Arab to shame. No one will need a Moroccan to teach them Fus'ha if it is available in the neighborhood mosque next door after paying a pittance to the Imam. Someone told you that you can earn 1000 Dollars a month doing that. I am not sure if they considered the fact which I have aforementioned. 

Bonne chance et je vais envoyer un plaisir de répondre à vos questions spécifiques.