Norodom Blvd, Tuk-Tuk free zone

Hi everyone,

Does anyone here have some background information on the newest nonsense rules to make Norodom Blvd Tuk-Tuk free?

For example:
* Why have they done that? Might it have to do with the new bus service, so we can expect the same rubbish rules to be implemented on the other roads where bus services are gonna be established?
* What is the exact law that defines the "No Tuk-Tuks" sign? How does it differentiate between Tuk-Tuks and other vehicles? What exactly does the law say that''s not allowed on a road where the sign is found? If it's not in the official traffic regulations, I'd assume that it can't be enforced... So has anyone access to the traffic laws?

Best wishes,
Jan

I don't think it's a "new" rule. I've been here off and on since January 2012, and it's always been in place. At that time, I couldn't get a driver to go along that road for anything. Now, they do it all the time. I hear that the police sometimes stop them for "fines," but I haven't actually seen it happen. I've heard they are trying to make it more like "express lanes" type street, and that tuk-tuks slow it down, but I can't imagine that's the real reason.

I've found out that it's an old rule indeed. Enforcing it must be new then. Police is sitting there preying on any trespassing Tuk Tuk...

They can't really that ignorant to realize that the biggest cause for traffic jam is probably the endless selfishness among the SUV drivers...