Opening hours

Hi

I'm doing some research for an academic essay and need some information about India. First, having not been there since the late 90s, I expect things have changed. I need an idea of what the usual opening times are for shops and offices. Regarding the first, I expect I have to divide them into market stalls, normal shops, and modern Malls.

Could you give me some information, please?

Many thanks

qim

Hello qim,

I kindly invite you to post an ad in the testimonies in india, in our classifieds section.

This might be helpful.

Good luck for your essay.

Kenjee

Hi kenjee

Sorry, but I did not understand your reply.

Testimony to what?

qim

Hi

Well, I never charge for telling people the time, so I don't understand what is the big secret.

India is Big and different areas may keep different customs. The following I took from the Internet can serve as a starter

Government Offices: Mondays to Fridays: 09.30 - 17:30.
                 Offices: Mondays to Fridays: 09.30 - 17:30 (on Saturdays until 14:00).
                 Banks: Mondays to Fridays 10:00 - 15:00 (on Saturdays until 13:00).
                 Stores: Mondays to Saturdays 09:00 - 19:00.

Comment:
Some stores in India are also open on Sundays.

If you need more informartion about India, i would be delighted to help.

Hello all,

@qim, the section testimonies in india, is where people place their ads to regroup people for surveys, essays, etc. It is called that way, because people give their testimanials and you take the given data and convert it as you want.

Placing an ad in this targeted section can help you reach out many more people than simply creating a thread on the forum.

Regards

Kenjee