Can Woman wear whatever they want in Oman?

Hi
I know Oman is a Muslem Country..
and I've never been in Oman
Just wanted to know can Woman put whatever they want ?or it has Restriction?

Thank you  :D

Hello dear
Am Ayham Omani
It is not allowed to wear what you want, but it is not too much restricted as you understand
In addition the weather not support to wear lite clothes

sevda11 wrote:

Hi
I know Oman is a Muslem Country..
and I've never been in Oman
Just wanted to know can Woman put whatever they want ?or it has Restriction?

Thank you  :D

Hello !

Compared to places like Saudi Arabia, where the restrictions on expatriates are to the extremes, Oman is a far more liberal and open nation.

There is a lot of religious tolerance, expatriates by and large are treated with courtesy and respect.

Always remember, the onus lies entirely with the expatriates to behave properly and abide by the country's rules and regulations and follow the culture and traditions of this Sultanate and not misuse the previleges extended to all expatriates. And dressing modestly is one of those - a very important one at that.

Oman as you are aware is a Muslim country which follows the Sharia principles of conduct. Both men and women are expected to dress modestly - not just women.

Unwanted display of skin is forbidden. Tank-tops, skimpy shorts, body-clinging clothes of any kind and other such revealing attire cannot be worn in public.

Dressing modestly is a must. Thankfully expatriate women here are not required to cover their heads, or wear 'abayas' (covering their bodies from neck to foot) as is the rule in Saudi Arabia.

Dress modestly keeping these pointers in mind and you will not attract any unwanted attention.

Good luck.

Thanks for explain  :)

yes

walood wrote:

yes

Hi walood and welcome to Expat.com.

Could you please introduce yourself to the forum with a little information about yourself.
Please be sure to read the terms and conditions of membership which you can find on the bottom of the page.