Medical Test-X Ray

Hi all,

I will shortly be relocating to Bahrain from the UK due to an intra-company transfer.

As a part of the visa application process the HR in our Bahrain office requested a pre-employment medical report. I went to my GP surgery and a report was produced by the doctor within 30 mins with some basic examinations. No x Rays or Blood Tests. The HR is happy with the report and the visa application is currently being processed.

I have no medical history, as far as I am aware. The only thing concerns me is smoking, which I stopped in 2010. I havn't had any X ray tests for ages and I don't know whether it has left any scar in my lungs.

From a review on the internet, I gathered that the authorities in almost all the GGC countries consider any scar in lungs as TB and they deport people without any consideration.

Being a worrying type person, I am considering an X ray from my own pocket for the peace of my mind. Obviously, private medical is not cheap in the UK, and I have received a quote of £150.

Any thoughts on whether I am wasting my money or is it worthwhile going for an X ray report?

The problem is I wouldn't know if there is any problem in my lungs (if I don't do the test) until I arrive in Bahrain

Apologies If I am overcomplicating something which probably does not exist.

Hello,
           Good to know that you will be relocating to bahrain. I am a doctor myself. I would suggest you undergo Xray test before you come here since thats the prime reason for medical test failure in GCC countries. If there is some problems in other reports, they may give some consideration after giving necessary treatment but with your history of smoking, its really necessay for you to undergo Xray just to be on the safer side. For doctors, visa medical check up is just a formality both in bahrain and in home countries, but for others, strict guidelines are used. So go for it. Good luck!!

Your company should reimburse you for all the costs related medical check up. Check it with your company but I would be surprised if they say no. Once you get the ok from them, have your X-ray done in the UK before coming here.

I am a heavy smoker for the last 16 years (I am 30 years old) and my X-Ray results came clean.

Most of the medicals for Bahrain take about 10 minutes. All my colleagues were asked to sit down. Asked if they felt okay. Did a quick eye test and that was it.

The medical for Saudi, Dubai, Doha and Abu Dhabi are much more strict.

The medicals for visa in Bahrain includes an X-Ray, Jo. For driving license, it's much simpler.

None of us had x-rays for our medicals and non of friends did either.

There is something wrong there then as it is required for CPR.

Funny that so many people get their CPR's and then have their medical then isn't it!!!!!!

Just because something happens to one person doesn't mean it's fact. I go by percentages and work out from there

In Bahrain..... X-ray is not so imp?????? I have lungs scare & now apply for Bahrain job visa.......my Saudi medical declared me unfit last month......pzzz help

Dear Mr. khalidkhan82,

can you please go through this discussion link https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=365635

Hope it will answer all your questions. Good luck & God bless.

T&R
Arjun

Well, I used to work for one of the world's biggest financial organisations. We employed nearly 500 people and all expats had to go through a chest x-ray. Here is a percentage for you.