Family Preference Greencard Question

Hi there!
Just curious, does anyone know the waiting times for first preference greencard applications? From what I have seen online it seems to be in the circa 10 year range. Also, is there a breakdown of quantities issued country by country? Cannot seem to find out any information on that, have been on to the Consulate and the Department of State. My Dad is a citizen but he moved back to Ireland before he was 14 so I didn't autonomously get it, his whole family including my grandparents are citizens however I was too old for when the immediate relative legislation was brought in, 25 now. Hopefully will be over on a years working visa shortly and will try and get a green card application sorted. If anyone has any epiphanies as to how I could expedite PLEASE enlighten me!:-)

All the best,
Garry

In my personal experiecene it has been anything from 3-9 years, try to focus on life and things you need to do anyway and the time flies. Those on work visa are closer to 3 years those on student status closer to 9!

Thanks for the reply ematters,
I'll be in the queue for a while green-card wise anyway!lol... I have a 1 year graduate program I can do at least! It's not the be all and end all but would love to be able to get there permanently!