Kindly add Halifax/Nova Scotia as a Destination for Canada

Hi Guys,

Perhaps its not much but it'll be great if you could add Halifax or Nova Scotia as a destination. A "wjwoodward" told me to point out the attractions here so as to be consider for this request which I find it rather odd as he is Canadian himself and should know better, but anyhow, perhaps its been awhile since he's been there and with the advantage of having lived her more than 5 years, here are the reasons why you guys should consider this place:

1) An attractive alternative for your typical congested cities within Canada
2) East coast destination and of course the largest city / province in terms of population and size compared to all other maritime province
3) Fast becoming a province of choice for immigrants especially through the NS Nominee Program
4) Better overall quality of live - homes here are cheaper than your typical major cities
5) An emerging base for startup computing/IT companies
6) A choice location for large global IT companies for "near-shoring" - India no longer is an ideal choice for outsourcing. IBM/ NTT/ CGI etc are setting up shop here as it gives their North American customers a better sense of working with someone who are closer to home and know the culture and attitude
7) Ship building - NS won the largest federal government's military ship building contract which is poise to start in 2015/16 and continue for more than a decade. The economic spin-off will be huge
8) The provincial government just granted a large parcel of sea-bed (close to Newfoundland) for oil and gas exploration.

If all that doesn't seem like an indicator that Halifax/NS should be counted as a potential destination then take this - as per statistics http://immigration.novascotia.ca/sites/ … _Aug26.pdf
NS has seen a steady rise in news immigrants aside from Alberta. Whereas popular choice destination like BC / Ontario has seen a steady decline.

Last but not least, here's another reason, if you want active participation, from active contributors like me who's been here and lived here - you can bet your hearts out that I'll be giving my two cents worth ;) *wink* - more so if the place I am in was added to your Canadian destination list.

Cheers,
Philip

Hi guys, your "edit" button doesn't seem to work. Can't correct (edit) my text after I post.

Hi philipyeo,

kindly note that your request has been sent to the concerned department

Thanks you for your contribution.

Kenjee

just been there to visit 3rd cousins and loved ever minute of it!

would definitely recommend!

Live your expat project without any stress thanks to advice from expats

OR