What should I do?

I just been admitted into Bangalore university , but am from Nigeria west africa country. I had already paid my school fees and other other requirements for my flight to india. My parent only gave me 30000rupees for a section. I want to know if 30000rupees is enough for a student to living a complete student life in the university system of Bangalore university. I will be happy for a speedy advice from all Blogers.

Hi David50000,

Welcome on board :)

Please note that your post is now on the Bangalore Forum :)

Thank you

Maximilien

What do you mean for a "section"? Do you mean a semester? A year?

If you are living in the college hostel, rent should not be an issue. If you plan to stay alone, you should find shared accommodation within the range of 2-3k. If you spend wisely and don't party every weekend, you can survive a month with 2-3k.

Considering you're a foreigner, local transport may be costlier for you, at least till you learn to argue and bargain with them, so let's keep .5-1k for that.

I would say, 6k a month should be good, but 7k would be better. You can lead a comfortable student life with 7k. I know students who live with 3k also. But their parents are at their disposal to send them money as and when required.

I would suggest you start off with a lower amount of 5k a month, see if you're struggling, then ask your parents to up your allowance by 1 or 2k.