Anyone working in tv film production in Dubai abu Dhabi area?

hi everyone,

I am a Film University graduate. My nationality is romanian. Since 2000 to present, as a freelancer, I've been working with different film studios, television in projects like: commercials, music videos,promos,TV shows, reality shows and fiction movies, themed or promotional videos.My work experience goes from Sport Promo Producer, directing(commercials, tv shows, soap opera,drama,sitcom) to first assistant director and camera department.
I will be in Dubai from 19.06.2014-04.07.2014 and I really want a job in this field.I have showreels,so I'm not coming with empty hand there. My question is where shall I ring first?How can I apply?I'm thinking to go door by door to hand my resume and my showreel.Any suggestions are really welcome.Please feel free to answer.Thanks anticipated!!!

Hi there.
I wouldn't say Dubai is the best place for film industry or TV show for that matter but there are several advertisement agencies promoting popular brands. One is Horizon Draftfcb (Dubai Branch of the German company FCB). Their client is Nivea, Noor Islamic Bank, Coca Cola, etc. but I am not sure if there have a job opening. The other things is I tried to pitch in an idea to them for a TV commercial as freelancer but they showed no interest.
You can also check out this link: gncareers.com/ which gives you the current openings in the UAE.
Also, I have a screenplay and several ideas for feature films, and also in idea for a TV commercial for a popular and famous brand but I don't know any producer or anyone in the movie production industry. If you are interested send me a message and we can talk about it more.
Hope you find the job you want in Dubai.
Let me know if i can be of any more help.
Thanks and good luck

thanks,Ali
I will let you know as soon as I'm in the industry.

Hi Bogdan.H, Did you have any luck with film making jobs in Dubai?  I'm considering getting a teaching job out there but I'm also interested in pursuing my film making ambitious if there are any opportunities.