Skype mobile call not working with my STC 4G

Dear friends I am facing problem with my stc skype to mobile call net is working good but only skype .
and i tried other net works then my skype is working .
please any body help me in this .Thank you

Dileep
Dammam

I have same problem from last 2 weeks :(

yes friend me also i did all i can reset settings and all but only this router

I tried my friends  pocket router its working and i also tried another also its also ok

why mine only not working ,any body please .
Thank you

Hi
Even i am facing the same problem.
i guess something is wrong with the network itself over the last couple of weeks.
went to the customer care and they didn't know English, so had to come back :(

Taher

facing same problem .. something wrong with their network since many days.

Try use VPN / proxy and then connect to Skype...

VPN/Proxy ???

google it..

I am also having this STC 4g connection, anybody please let me know what is going on ? is SKYPE is going to block in KSA?

I activate VPN on my phone, laptop before using Skype on STC network. Sign up for a free VPN account on tunnelbear.com; they give you 500mb free every month.

Skype is being blocked by all mobile operators as a business policy. Actually they have limited bandwidth for such calls to an extremely low level. Now your call may only work very late at night when there are very few users.

This is not a Govt. policy but the mobile companies policy.

I recommend try to use an Internet connection that doesn't come from a mobile company.

I belive its intentional in order to force paid-usage!

KamalZafar wrote:

Skype is being blocked by all mobile operators as a business policy. Actually they have limited bandwidth for such calls to an extremely low level. Now your call may only work very late at night when there are very few users.

This is not a Govt. policy but the mobile companies policy.

I recommend try to use an Internet connection that doesn't come from a mobile company.

That's true. And using vpn did help.

I am facing same issue since 1st May 2014. STC QUICKNET 4G have reduced the bandwidth allocated for skype and similar is done for mobily now. GO telecom may be better option remaining.

yes, they want us to pay for calls.

Use software "LINE" for android and Iphones, its like Viber but quality is much better..

I asked an STC representative and he said they weren't responsible for the bandwidth choking. A VPN does resolve the issue though, or Line on Android.

Strange that Saudi Skype users are stating no problems but expats all have problems, rolled out in waves seeming by nationality.

well strange that cause i arrived in saudijust over a week now and i have had constant problems i always do a subscription for 3 months while im here to call london landlines. we have been with GO we went out and changed it on saturday to mobily and still the same problems. no i dont know what it is?!!  is it cause the mobile internet companies are blocking them?

It works just fine with my mobily data package. I don't think the mobile internet companies are blocking it.

The problem only happens with internet from WIFI router, in my case i use with mobile data the skype is working fine..but when connect to wifi stc router again the same problem.

Other than restart the router .iam using stc calling international.it works well.call the company may be they have an answer.

does Skype video call work in KSA? specifically Jeddah.

Hi Fareeha10,

This topic is from 2014.

I'd request you to participate on the recent ones.

Regards,

Sarvesh
expat.com team

Using other software these days. Skype is un officially banned in KSA. They have reduced its bandwidth.

What other software is used to make video calls ?