Getting marry in UAE

Hi,

Does anyone knows if it's possible to get marry in Dubai or Abu Dhabi once I am Brazilian and my bf is Egyptian? Any kind of legal marriage is possible to be done in UAE?
Someone also told me is possible to get marry in the egyptian embassy there, is that true?

Tks

Yes. You can get marry in Egyptian emmbasy and they will issue marriage certificate for u

Thanks Mohamed,

But the other thing is: he is gonna have the work visa and soon the residence visa but I wont have the residence visa. So do you know if this is possible?

I think residence visa is required but not sure

U can post a question at dubai egyption emmbasy Facebook page and they will answer u

Link::
Facebook.Com/egycondubai

Gongartulation in advance

Hi Carol
Congrats in advance.
As far as i know through other cpl that got married in UAE , it's a bit complicated and there r many points to be covered 1st.
- if you are of different religion then a NOC (Non Objection Certification) from both embassies the Brazilian and Egyptian to confirm that there is required.
- If the religions r different and everyone wanna keep his own, i would advise to get married in Brazil , as in either UAE/Egypt this is almost impossible. You can go to Lebanon the nearest place where they accept such situations and also nice place for honey mooners .
- When your BF will have the residence visa : after 3 month of getting it he can request to add you to his visa or to be your sponsor as Husband but there r some conditions:
1. you must be married 1st as the marriage certificate will be requested
2. As a sponsorship, his salary must be minimum 5000AED /month as this is a requirement.
3. he will have to present the planimetric design of the apartment where he lives and this must be approved by Dubai municipality and registered in Ijari.

Shall you need any further info , you can always contact me.

hii carol
i got married in Dubai court , my husband and i from different nationality hes american work in ksa and i work in Dubai.  i had residency but he was on visit visa and it was not problem for them .
first thing u have to do health check up its required for everyone , i don't think religion is problem if he is Muslim and ur not , i advice u to call ur embassy they will provide u with all the information u need coz it change from time to time , wish u good luck .

@Mohamed sayed

Hi How do you know that they will give you a legal ir official marriage certificate ?..I was curious..they are saying the words ORFI Means its not official..How you will know that the certificate is not an ORFI..

Please try to answer my Questions. Thank you
Hi Genny,

welcome to expat.com!

You are commenting on a thread that has been inactive since June 2014. It is therefore unlikely that there will be any replies.

If you want to discuss marriage in UAE, please do not hesitate to create a new discussion on the Dubai Forum. I also recommend you to read the Getting married in the United Arab Emirates article, as it might interest you.

Vero
Expat.com team