Exporting car from Dubai to KSA

Hi,
Am planning to bring my 2012 Pajero from Dubai to KSA. Can anyone help me to confirm me the below.
once I get the export documents and export number plate from Dubai, can I drive the car in to KSA myself and get it registered in KSA other than giving the car to any shipping company for exporting it from Dubai?
Can any one tell me the procedures in the KSA entry gate and customs?
I need valued comments from all and especially those who experience the same.
Thanks and cheers

Ajiesh

1st ov all here are the custom instructions in KSA......
No 1...... Vehicles must be fewer than five years old...... as u said ur's 2012 so its perfect.....
No 2... Not have been involved in an accident nor have any signs of damage to the bodywork.....
No 3..... Never been used as a taxi or by the police......
No 3..... Be left-hand drive (vehicles converted from right-hand drive are not permitted)...... u r coming from UAE so u dont need to worry about it.......
ANYWAY This means....
1. A legal document proving the ownership of the vehicle, translated in Arabic and attested by the Saudi Embassy in the country from where you are going to export the car from.......
2. A declaration from the police in the exporting country saying that the vehicle is not in the wanted list for criminal offences etc.....
3. Export declaration from the Customs of the exporting country........
4. Invoice and certificate of origin to be attached to the above export declaration.....
If a 4WD is to be imported.... it must be proved that the driver has family residing with him in Saudi, otherwise it cannot be registered.... Vehicles with more than five seats are classed as commercial vehicles, which cannot be registered by an individual, only by companies..... and for more information check out this page http://www.customs.gov.sa/CustomsNew/faqs/Faq_Ejs.aspx
((((above documents ONLY If you are going to import from any of the GCC countries......)))))
And now some tips for you.... There are two ways in which to import a car.... If you already hv all the paperwork for residency and employment processed..... then you can import the vehicle urself .... without the paperwork in place..... your sponsor (usually the prospective employer) will have to arrange the importation..... This means that the ownership of the car transfers to the Saudi national (your employer)..... who can then transfer it back on ur name later (Important: without saudi driving licence u cant transfer any vehicle under ur name)..... If the sponsor is a trusted person..... this method works well..... If there are any doubts about the person..... it is best not to sign the car over to them.... then i guess shipping is the best way.... and last and final thing as i mentioned above yes you can drive it into ksa if paperwork in place and you hv a valid UAE driving licence.... All The Best... :):cheers:

Thanks a lot Capricious for your valued response. I already have my Iqama and Saudi driving license with me. I just need o go to Dubai and the get the export documents and plates form RTA and planning to drive it to to Saudi.
Only one problem am foreseeing is that my family is not here with me and the pajero I owned is 7 seater. Is it gonna be a big issue?

Hi Good morning
i m also planning to bring vehicle from Dubai to Riyadh, to just for my clarification
The listed below documents required from Dubai
1. A legal document proving the ownership of the vehicle
2. A declaration from the police (Dubai/UAE) saying that the vehicle is not in the wanted list for criminal offences etc.....
3. Export declaration from the Customs of the Dubai/UAE
4. Invoice and certificate of origin to be attached to the above export declaration.....
Now what documents required In Riyadh/KSA to bring from Dubai via road (driving himself as owner of Export Car?)
Can anyone please expert comments on this?
Thanks & regard

I am planing to import a car from Dubai to ksa.
Just to confirm 1 thing.
Car should ... Not have been involved in an accident nor have any signs of damage to the bodywork.....
But I planning to buy any acciednt car 2014 modle and get repaired in Duabi... Then in ksa.
Will it make any problem??

Hi, I want to know whether I can drive my wife's car (on loan) out of Bahrain to Saudi, I have a resident permit for Bahrain, but I work in Saudi, and for how long I can keep it in Saudi with Bahrain number plates .