Residency in Romania

Hi my GF is romanian ,we are planning to get married next year and she wants me to move to Romania.I am just a little hesitant on that considering i work in IT and i didn't see a big IT set up in romania when i visited it last year,secondly i wanted to know -in case of marriage there ,after how long i can start to work in romania( is there any permanent residence option before the citizenship)

Hello Awq,

After marriage you will have to apply for Residency Card for Family Members. Is not any permanent residence here.
For citizenship you can apply after 5 years of living in Romania and not leave the country for more than 6 months ( any time you go somewhere). You should pass some exams and pay some taxes when you will apply for citizenship.

Regarding your worries about job, depend of your preparation and seniority you can get a well paid job or not.

As about marriage here will give you headaches. My advice is to have marriage in India and to register here. Or you both can choose another Eu country, consider Denmark, where you will have the civil marriage without many problems.

Best of luck...

Soniarma, you are incorrect unless things have changed that I'm not aware of.  There is permanent residency here, it is obtained after 5 years, theoretically when the first residence card expires...then you get a 10 year card, just as citizens ID cards are good for 10 years.  Fortunately, it is NOT necessary to obtain citizenship in order to have permanent residence right here.

Yes I saw also. Is called long term residence. For more details for whom is interested : check http://ori.mai.gov.ro/detalii/pagina/en … omania/79.

Hi AWQ,
with respect to your job situation, there are hundreds of IT jobs being advertised daily. Check out www.bestjobs.ro.

Hi thanks a lot for replying.Headache in the sense of documentation ? is one month good enough to marry and get all the necessary documents to apply for Permanent residency in Romania ?

@Romaniac - Thanks buddy for your valuable input. I checked the romanian immigration site,PR allows you to work not just in Romania but in other EU countries as well .One more thing i wanted to ask you -about the language factor. I dont  know romanian but my english is very good.But i am not sure if that is gonna help me much specially in romania, i was in bucharest and iasi last year and honestly i didnt see much people knowing english which kind of made me alienated there.