Long break in the Philippines

Hello everybody!

I'm an italian 24 years old, living in London.

I'm thinking to leave this city and before finding another place to stay I would like to have a long break (at least 2 months) in a beautiful place completely different from the big and chaotic occidental city.

I'm thinking about Philippines..

I need some information: I'm looking for a middle/small city in contact with the nature and with a short walk from beautiful beach and sea.. where the life is not too expansive. Which city/island can you suggest to me?
How much cost a small house there? And the life in general?
I know that is very hard.. but is possible to find a job just to have a new experience and to pay the expense that I have in this couple of months? (it is not a priority anyway)

Thanks in advance for your help!

ciao, come stai?
This time starts the rainy season here in Philippines and I wouldnt suggest you live near the sea as the times may rise during heavy rains. There are lots of small towns where you can just mingle with locals and living the same way they do. Try antique province- its where the mountains meet the sea, so you have both of them in one place plus its just a few hour drive from the famous boracay island beach..and lots of things to sea and discover: hotspring, zipline, kawa bath, fish spa, historical places like the old churches built during spanish colonial period, rivers, waterfalls, biggest flower in the world, gemstones, mountain resorts and few more to mention.
Hope this helps..

Let me know should you need any  more info/assistance.

Binibiniko

Binibiniko wrote:

ciao, come stai?
This time starts the rainy season here in Philippines and I wouldnt suggest you live near the sea as the times may rise during heavy rains. There are lots of small towns where you can just mingle with locals and living the same way they do. Try antique province- its where the mountains meet the sea, so you have both of them in one place plus its just a few hour drive from the famous boracay island beach..and lots of things to sea and discover: hotspring, zipline, kawa bath, fish spa, historical places like the old churches built during spanish colonial period, rivers, waterfalls, biggest flower in the world, gemstones, mountain resorts and few more to mention.
Hope this helps..

Let me know should you need any  more info/assistance.

Binibiniko

Hello, thanks for your answer.
When rainy season start? Because as I wrote we would like to go there after the summer.. but after the summer can be october.. or next march. How long is this raini season?

perhaps you should research first   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Climate_of_the_Philippines    ,the country has 7107 islands  so there could be typhoon in some areas  and sunny in others  ,are your applying for 59 day tourist visa before going ?, not allowed to work on a tourist visa

June is already past summer here..it starts to rain nowadays and this will last up to november. The highlight of rainy season is from july-september but as you might be aware yolanda hit Philippines in november. It doesnt rain all throughout the day and all throughout the months though so you get to see sunshine from time to time. Regarding working..i would suggest bpo.

try to google mactan island in cebu :) that would be perfect for you