Arabian Homes, Sierra Village

Hey!

My company has told me they have a 1br apartment for me in Sierra Village - as temporary accommodation until my family arrives.   I've googled and google-earthed the compound so I have a general idea of its whereabouts and such but does anyone have any pics of the interiors?   As asked compound managements and all I got back was the layouts/floor plans already available online.   Also, if anyone know, are the 1-2 bedrooms restricted to any specific area of the compound?  If so, and you're looking at Google Earth, where would those be?  I'm just trying to get a feel for location related to the American Int'l School next door.

Finally, I'd also be interested to hear of anything about the compound from current residents.  The internet is full of details just not all timely.

Thanks for your help.

Rigger

Did google not help with villa interior pics?  There just might be a few pics floating around somewhere, and you might have to try various keywords and combinations to find them.  Just want to see in general or any particular info you need about the interior?

Unfortunately I do not know if the 1 bedrooms are restricted to any particular area of the compound.  We visited a few times, but it was a family we visited, or went for the Christmas Carols :).  BTW, any particular reason you want to know this?

Any other info... well, the restaurant is decent (awesome cheesecake!!!), there is a pretty well-stocked mini-mart inside, one of the best I have come across inside a compound in Jeddah, tons of sports fields and pools, gym, recreational equipment, and I believe a bowling alley as well, just not a full size one.  There is also a salon, a weekly tailor, and stalls on the weekends with people selling DVDs (copies), jewelry, handmade ornamental carpets (Persian, Central Asian, Turkish), women's dresses, local souvenirs, etc.  Souvenirs means there is a high percentage of Westerners in the compound :lol:.

Lots of social activities as well.  Plays, piano recitals, parties, Christmas Carols, etc.  There is usually something going on every other week.

You should be thankful that your company managed to find you a place in A copmound FULLSTOP  :dumbom: . People are in compounds waiting list for  months even years with no luck, so any other details are minor  :D

ahmadaq wrote:

You should be thankful that your company managed to find you a place in A copmound FULLSTOP  :dumbom: . People are in compounds waiting list for  months even years with no luck, so any other details are minor  :D

Definitely thankful, Ahmadaq!  Thankful beyond all get out (that's a Southern phrase of amazement!).  But I'm also aware of the fact that a large portion of my company is still owned by the royal family so...   :whistle:   'Nuff said?

We'll see how it works when my family arrives and they want to move me to a 3br somewhere...

R

Trapezius wrote:

Did google not help with villa interior pics? Just want to see in general or any particular info you need about the interior?

BTW, any particular reason you want to know this?

Thanks for the info.   Google was not especially helpful for interior picks.  I really just wanted to have the information.  Making decisions is always easier the more data you have available. 

Regarding location of apartments...   See answer to #1 above. LOL!!   Call me a decision scientist, if you will.  I just like to have as much info about a new place as possible.  You should have seen me before going to Mozul in 2010.  Google-fu in extreme mode...

Sounds like this would be a great place to be.  But, as Ahmadaq said, I need to be thankful for what I've been provided, and I really am!  I just know that a 1br won't do much for me once the fam arrives.

R

Haha, I know what you mean... I am like you too, data-mad!

But don't worry, Sierra Village is really one of the best compounds in Jeddah in terms of facilities, quality of life, and structural quality.

Trapezius wrote:

Haha, I know what you mean... I am like you too, data-mad!

But don't worry, Sierra Village is really one of the best compounds in Jeddah in terms of facilities, quality of life, and structural quality.

Sounds awesome!   We have a friend of the family who just moved into SV from an off-compound villa and they are very happy!  Just hoping that the Company can work their magic come summer time...  :huh:

R

We are on the Sierra Arabian homes compound.
It is a awesome place for expats.
Compound is next to the American school, so the kids all walk to school. You will love it here. It does not feel like we are loving in Saudi once onside the compound.

Yolande-SA wrote:

We are on the Sierra Arabian homes compound.  It is a awesome place for expats.

Very good to hear, Yolande.  Would you be willing to share some pics of the interior of your home?

Thanks,

Rigger

Just send me your email, and I will send them

Awesome. Thanks.   I'll pm you shortly.

Just took photo's of the 2 bedroom close to me that is empty. The guy just left a week ago. Will email you the photo's

Can my saudi friend come to the compound and visit me because i heard some people say that saudis cant come to the compound so any thoughts?

karoline_bryjak wrote:

Can my saudi friend come to the compound and visit me because i heard some people say that saudis cant come to the compound so any thoughts?

welcome in jeddah
Yes he can visit you at any time
Have a nice day

Ohh really!!? , that made my day thank u!

Unless and until u invite some one then can come inside your compound as ur guest.  Before that, u must pass guest details at the security gate to enter.....

Thanks, Arif

Thats fine whats important that he can thank god, this was keeping me awake 4 ever waiting for someone to reply because some people told me he can't and saudis are not allowed because my compound is open and have an outdoor swimming pool and stuff

or send an email to Arabian homes compound and get confirm.....So easy job....

are working  there

Its the best actually, with mostly european residents and awesome activities& events

I know this is off topic, but Jeddah Salsa Club, we saw you perform the weekend, and you are very good.
Good luck with the classes you are starting

How do Andalus, Marbella, and Medina compare to Sierra? I'm guessing not as nice as Sierra, but still probably better or comparable to most of the other nice compounds in Jeddah? The website doesn't really say how they differ.

I believe Andulus is a newer facility, not sure of the other 2. I have many friends who love the cafe on there as well.

If I remember right if you live on one of the smaller 3 there are shuttles to Sierra so you can use it as well....Someone who lives on one of the 3 smaller compounds maybe able to be more specific though

From Andalus here. Nice compound. It's smaller but more private and quiet comparing with Sierra.

And there are shuttle bus to all the compound of Arabian Homes. Not very frequent though.

it is possible to invite saoud in your compound...i do it sometimes.

Could you send me the sierra compound phone ?i m looking for compound
may be you can help me.

Erdinc

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : No free ads here please + register in the business directory
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Salam,

I would also like to know Sierra Compound. What is the average renting there?

Estate agent pls pm me

Arabian Homes.jpg

Lived in Arabian Homes Sierra village 1990-92. Very pleasant two bed downstairs villa with shared pool. I added our own furniture from IKEA for a  bit more comfort. I think that Sierra was the largest compound at that time. Amenities as stated in other posts, decent restaurant, small supermarket and bowling alley plus more.