Back from Ecuador

Hi, everyone!
I loved it there just outside Quito and I am now back in Calgary getting ready to make the big move at the end of June. I wonder though about some things and would appreciate ideas, suggestions, help. And please know I am grateful.
I would like to have help taking my animals into Ecuador and have advertised for that same reason --it is as I understand --one pet per person with a max of four on board United. I have four--three dogs and a cat. I am open to suggestions.
I also wonder about household goods and personal belongings and although I am not taking a lot--I wonder about my TV for example. What about renting a palette--how does one go about doing that? Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions re what I should make sure I  do to make this move as easy as possible? I do intend to return in  a year to sell my house--at least at this point that is what I am thinking. Whew--there sure is a lot of stuff to take care of. I sure could use some help!!!

Hello Barbara,

About your pets, I don't know how tre regulations are now, the problem is you have to deal with the airlines regulations and Ecuadorian customs regulations.
Did you asked in other airlines about sending your pets?  Anyways, my company has a department dedicated to import animals and pets to Ecuador so I will ask them.

About moving your household goods. Palets are an option but the problem is  the goods can be damaged if it not properly handled. A better option is a wooden crate customs made for the size of your moving.
Before move any goods, you need to have your Residence Visa stamped on your passport.  Also, you have six month since your last entry to get your moving in Ecuador free of taxes.

If you have more questions about movings you can write me to [email protected].

Vinny

So have you had any problems? Don't think we're dealing with a problematic governorship.

Was it something I said? I was trying to be helpful but you didn't respond and it looks like my posts have been deleted. Sorry if I somehow offended you.

Because I  don't know who is on this site and who is reading what--I may not answer. Please know that I appreciate any and all help and for no reason would be unkind or impolite.

True enough. Maybe you can accept my Facebook friend request and we can chat there. I'm looking to get as many first hand accounts of people moving to Ecuador for my website. You can help others by sharing your experiences.

Cheers!