Lack of professional Recruitment/headhunting Agencies in Kuwait

Hello everyone,
Please share your thoughts about this topic, if you agree, disagree, otherwise highlight the ones you know and been satisfied with. I believe this is a major issue for most expats here in Kuwait, unlike in Dubai, where you can fin tens of those agencies, mainly form the UK and Australia

I agree, and the reason (IMHO) is ...... connections. Recruitment in Kuwait happens mainly through connections.

Not really, is goes beyond that.
Even to hire, not just getting hired, very difficult to find skilled and professional candidates, indeed there are, but few know about them, which is again, no professional recruitment agencies nor proper HR people. HR always seek third parties services overseas

heres the thing; a connection will get you an interview, your skill will get you the job.

in a world without borders, do not expect the headhunters to be in your geographic location to place you; i was called twice, looong ago, by two head hunters in kuwait - i can recall their locations but not their names, altho i think the one in dar al awadhi has long since closed down.

i also get calls from recruitment companies in India for positions outside of Kuwait.

their location is not important, whats important is that u keep urself relevant and keep your CV updated.