Who Will Conquer Brazil?

Rugby union for me first with rugby league a close second

stumpy wrote:

Rugby union for me first with rugby league a close second

It mostly depends on what you were brought up with, doesn't it? I lived in Toowoomba, which was the heart and soul of Queensland RL at the time. (I've just been blogging about it, as it happens.) RU was played at the boarding-school I went to, but League was always more popular for our after-classes pick-up games.

Gordon Barlow wrote:

The final looks like being between Brazil v Holland, with France/Germany an alternative to Brazil and Mexico an alternative to Holland. My heart is with Costa Rica (and Iran, if they make it through), but I don't give them much of a chance.

And what about Switzerland???  :huh:
(Actually I'm not even sure if they are still in it).  :unsure

El_Jost wrote:

And what about Switzerland???  :huh:
(Actually I'm not even sure if they are still in it).  :unsure

That's going to be decided later today in the game Switzerland - Honduras. If they win that game and France wins as expected from Ecuador, Switzerland will move on to the next round.

wjwoodward wrote:

Congrats on the 2 X 0 win over Chile. Were you biting your nails for a while Primadonna?

Actually I'm kind of glad Canada doesn't have a team in the World Cup, I wouldn't want to feel like a traitor because of the fact that I hate soccer so much I wouldn't even be rooting for them, much less rooting for Brazil.  :lol:

To be honest: I hate football  :sleep Never watch a game and never will do. Don't understand it either, running after a ball and trying to score.
I read the result in the newspaper and actually I don't care if they (the Netherlands) loose or win.
The Dutch newspapers are talking rubbish about non important things and what for me is the worse is that huge money is involved, the high rank of criminalization around games etcetera. It has nothing to do with the game an sich.

Primadonna wrote:

It has nothing to do with the game an sich.

An und für sich I agree  ;)

Whilst I did not post it, I predicted the England team would be crap.
I don't follow football, but I'm led to understand I was right.

Not so bad really!
After all they did get a first.
The FIRST team to fly home.  :lol:

Gary wrote:
Primadonna wrote:

And they did it again  :D

Mexico is next!  http://i59.tinypic.com/20gn1qb.gif

It will be a tough one for Holland with Mexico.........same time Chile vs Brazil too is a tougher one.........

No Cameroun first then Spain and Australia then came England............

Depends who bites who doesn't it  :mad::o

stumpy wrote:

Depends who bites who doesn't it  :mad::o

From what I understood he is a serial biter and for me a good reason to kick him out permanently  :mad:

Don't understand why they just suspended him temporarily.

He is out of the World cup and will not be able to play for his club in local competitions for sometime when he gets home.

Yes 9 game and 4 months Ban..........hard luck for Uruguay

i think brazil ll itself...!!!

:top:

Raja Kashmiri wrote:

i think brazil ll itself...!!!

I don't think so Brazil will win but they have good chance to qualify for semis.......

What do you think of Holland

one of the 3 teams ( France/Brazil/Argentina )??

Hmm, getting closer to an answer now ;)

France will not be going to Semis..........
Brazil and Argentina  have good chances
Holland will face Argentina in semi so for them also its difficult to make a mark again in final............

If you wait after the finals I will tell you how has won the Cup  ;)

But I think the Netherlands have a good chance to come into the finals, like the last Cup.
I hope this time they shall better play then the last time. That was really awful.

Final would be Brazil and Belgium :-D
Hopefully Brazil will be the winner \o/

Well the Swiss team arrived home yesterday with some of the team members having long faces.
But the reception the fans at the airport gave them was rapturous so their faces quickly brightened up.  :)

After 3 hours France too will pack up and go back.........

Well, I guess that today we'll see if Brazil continues or not!

Brazil already qualified for semi-final and hope they will reach to final........
Argentina and Costa Rica are going to play the other semi final...............

germany and agentina look stronger in wining the worldcup. the brazillian team look weak now without neymar. i hope he recover soon

i bet the final will be between Brazil and Argentina...Messi agianst Neymar...the world cup is staying in Brazil or going to Argentina only god knews..??

The Netherlands are still in the game  :top:

I think the Final match will be between Germany and Netherland and i think that Germany will win this word cup so far they did great adn i expect them to continue

well ! u never knew ...Brazil without Neymar could be more stronger...mischance coul be turned to a good thing..will see. i guess Argentina is more and more getting pieces of luck,..

MH Hilmi wrote:

I think the Final match will be between Germany and Netherland and i think that Germany will win this word cup so far they did great adn i expect them to continue

Welcome to Expat-Blog............
As per me cup will stay in their continent itself................

Regards,
Anil

Haydaro wrote:

well ! u never knew ...Brazil without Neymar could be more stronger...mischance coul be turned to a good thing..will see. i guess Argentina is more and more getting pieces of luck,..

Yes I guess may be without Neymar Brazil may give tough competition and might be the winner..................

Primadonna wrote:

The Netherlands are still in the game  :top:

No doubt about it.............
But they need luck to get the Cup because their ability has brought them thrice in the final and still to win............

Well, at least Brazil won't have to fly home tehehehe.  :)

It's a pity to need penalties to win a game.
For the first time I followed the game in the last 10 minutes from the official playtime through a lifeblog and I have to admit it was a strong game and exciting.
Anyway the Dutch can still have the third place.

I seldom watch football the exception being the World Cup etc.
Personally I was hoping Germany would meet the Netherlands in the final.
That would have been much more interesting for me.

destiny wanted it to be between europe and south america.
So be it ... the cup is already traveling to regain "Argentina" wants to bet?

Haydaro wrote:

destiny wanted it to be between europe and south america.
So be it ... the cup is already traveling to regain "Argentina" wants to bet?

Well, the cup will certainly be travelling.  :)

Share your expat experience and get in touch with other members

OR