Philipine Parmanent visa

Anyone knows Philippine Permanent VISA for Retirement..... :|

You can get either 13A visa or SRRV visa which is for retiries.  With the SRRV it will make you deposit US$ 10kl for 6 months if you are a retirie or much more if you arent. Then  you dont have to worry about leaving the Phil unless you want to.

for more info, you may visit DFA. DFA-Cebu officers are quite accommodating. :)

only problem with the  SSRV now  is  the  $360 USD fee to renew every year, you are  way better  off with 13A

Hi try to read this it may help you

SPECIAL RESIDENT RETIREMENT VISA (SRRV)

Special Resident Retirement Visa (SRRA) is a privilege granted to foreigners who would like to have a permanent resident status in the Philippines. For investing in the Philippines, foreigners can enter and leave the country as many times and as long as one wishes, including family members. With a Special Resident Visa, a holder can live, do business, study in the Philippines indefinitely.

Requirements for Special Resident Retirement Visa

Principal Applicant:
    Application Form
    Passport with valid entry to the Philippines
    National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) Clearance or Police Clearance (to be authenticated by the Philippine Embassy)
    Medical Clearance (if applicant is abroad, this clearance must be authenticated by the Philippine Embassy)
    6 pieces 6" x 6" pictures
    6 pieces 1" x 1" pictures
    Bank Certification from an accredited bank of the Philippine Retirement Authority of bank deposit (US$ 50,000 for 50 years old & above, $75,000 for 35 to 49 years)
    Processing fee: US$ 1,500
Spouse / Dependent:
    Application Form
    Passport with valid entry to the Philippines
    NBI Clearance or Police Clearance (to be authenticated by the Philippine Embassy for 18 years old and above)
    Medical Clearance (if applicant is abroad, this clearance must be authenticated by the Philippine Embassy)
    6 pieces 6" x 6" pictures
    6 pieces 1" x 1" pictures
    Marriage Certificate (authenticated by the Philippine Embassy) for spouse.
    Birth Certificate (authenticated by the Philippine Embassy) for dependents.

Note: The required investment money (US$ 50,000 for 50 years old & above, $75,000 for 35 to 49 years) to avail of the Special Resident Retirement Visa (SRRA) must be deposited in a bank accredited by the Philippine Retirement Authority. This deposit can be withdrawn after 6 months but must be invested in the Philippines. It can be used to buy properties (condominiums) stocks, securities, etc.

Also see the Philippine Retirement Act from the Philippine Retirement Authority.

The SRRV is for suckers only...Have to have your head examined..Unless you got money to burn stay away from this option...The expenses and BS will eat you up inside and out...

just pay someone and you'll have it :D hehe

But, i am going to Manila...

firozbusiness wrote:

But, i am going to Manila...

Do one year extensions until you are sure you want to stay...Maybe you will hook up with a Pinay and no longer worry..
Then you will qualify for 13A...But dont even get that if you plan to travel out of the country more than twice a year...Then the 13A is not cost effective...The one year extensions is the best route or even 6 month extensions...

DFA has nothing to do with retirement visa, BOI handles all visas

BOI handles visas for businessmen or investor. DFA if you are just a tourist. FYI.

where do you go to get  your tourist visa extension, bureau of  Immigration right?

The visa policy of the Philippines is governed by Commonwealth Act No. 613, also known as the Philippine Immigration Act, and by subsequent legislation amending it. The Act is jointly enforced by the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) and the Bureau of Immigration (BI), although visas are issued under the sole prerogative of the BI. " Note  visas are issued under the sole prerogative of the  BI "

The price you quote are very different to what we were given.  We have the SRRV  booklet which states for retires $US 10kl with proof of pension which must be over US$1000 per month. I am 65yo.   I can scan and email  if you wish to see. One of us has wrong info. I am not diputing that 13A may be the better option.

ken49 wrote:

The price you quote are very different to what we were given.  We have the SRRV  booklet which states for retires $US 10kl with proof of pension which must be over US$1000 per month. I am 65yo.   I can scan and email  if you wish to see. One of us has wrong info. I am not diputing that 13A may be the better option.

What about the $1,500 processing fee?  A big deal breaker.

The once off processing fee of of US$1,400 is no big deal for the SRRV.  For us investing US$10,000 in a Bank of their choice is no big deal for 6 months and including proof of my pension. Annual fee of US$360.00 = $30/month which is acceptable.  The amount for me as my wife is a Filipina on proof of pension for one is US$800 not $1000.  To cut our the red tape and much frustration in Filipine goverment Offices i think the SRRV is good value.

ken49 wrote:

The once off processing fee of of US$1,400 is no big deal for the SRRV.  For us investing US$10,000 in a Bank of their choice is no big deal for 6 months and including proof of my pension. Annual fee of US$360.00 = $30/month which is acceptable.  The amount for me as my wife is a Filipina on proof of pension for one is US$800 not $1000.  To cut our the red tape and much frustration in Filipine goverment Offices i think the SRRV is good value.

It is $1,400 wasted if you are married to a Filipina, just enter the country with her and you are good for six months.  Very easy to leave the country every six months for short trips and then start over again.  It might not seem like much of a risk, but the deposit of $10,000 in a foreign account for USA citizens means you must report it on special forms that can only be e-filed every year and must be done by 6/30 of the following year, no extensions allowed. And any income must be reported on your form 1040.  Filipino deposit insurance used to be up to 100,000 pesos, but I heard it is higher now, have not checked it recently.  This is always a consideration for expats required to keep larger sums of money overseas, as last year a bank in Ecuador which was not covered by deposit insurance and was paying very high interest rates, folded.  Many expats who had to deposit $25,000 to get an investor's visa still do not know how much they will be getting once the dust clears.

u need connections bro. :D

Why would  you not  apply for  the  13A if your married to a  Filipino? also the  BB stamp is  good  for  a  year than go on a  one day visit and  return and  it  good  for  another year no need to ever go to immigration or get  an ARC card

Okieboy wrote:

Why would  you not  apply for  the  13A if your married to a  Filipino? also the  BB stamp is  good  for  a  year than go on a  one day visit and  return and  it  good  for  another year no need to ever go to immigration or get  an ARC card

Did not realize BB stamp good for a year, so it is cheaper and more fun to take an annual BB renewal trip.

yes  it  is  for  sure i used it , there are also some changes coming to the  visa program the  commissioner stated he  is  going to add some  more classes of  visa, the long term tourist visa was one, and  you can stay for 3 years on that, it  is  a little cheaper using the  6 months visa option

I have 30 Days visa,I am arriving in Manila, 10th June2014.
How Can i extend up to 3 months/6 months/1 Year .... as long as i i can to Extend better for me,,, can u please suggest me what is the process for long period of time to extend... Appreciate. Thanks

firozbusiness wrote:

I have 30 Days visa,I am arriving in Manila, 10th June2014.
How Can i extend up to 3 months/6 months/1 Year .... as long as i i can to Extend better for me,,, can u please suggest me what is the process for long period of time to extend... Appreciate. Thanks

When you arrive at Manila Airport...Do not let the customs stamp your Passport...Instead tell them you want to get a 6 month extension right then...They will give you forms to fill out and you will have to pay for the extension right at the airport...much better to do it that way then going to immigration...

If i was to avail the Balikbayan privilege upon entering the Philippines being married to a Filipina i know i can stay one year.  After this time how many days must i leave the Philippines .  I really have nothing to lose giving it a try . Can you do this for many years if you want to live in the Philippines permantly. Look forward to your reply

ken49 wrote:

If i was to avail the Balikbayan privilege upon entering the Philippines being married to a Filipina i know i can stay one year.  After this time how many days must i leave the Philippines .  I really have nothing to lose giving it a try . Can you do this for many years if you want to live in the Philippines permantly. Look forward to your reply

As Okieboy said, you only need to leave for a day and then return with your wife and you have another year to stay.  Do it forever.

Thanks mate.  We really had intended getting the SRRV but you have shown us common sense.

Greetings all, If you are married to a Filipina , the cheapest (no cost) option is to ask for a Balikbayan stamp on your passport at the immigration desk as you go through the airport when you arrive.It's good for 12 months. Just make sure you have your marriage certificate with you incase you are asked for it. Also check the stamp for legibility before you move on to pick up your bags.

When you have the Balikbayan Privilege being married to a Filipina for 12 months does that let you leave and return by your self if you have to return home for any reason and still be covered when you return.

Hi Ken, To get the BB stamp you must be travelling with your wife.However if during the 12 month period of the BB visa you travel unaccompanied and return within that 12 month period, I would think it would be allowed.However if your wife is not with you on your return to the Philippines ,you will be unable to get a new BB stamp and therefore you would limited to the date on the BB stamp you obtained previously. These are only my thoughts and I am really uncertain if this is correct advise.Please check the Immigration to confirm.

Actually their are several one is a 13-a one requires a deposit in a Philippine Bank, and one that recognizes your military service.
Bill

Whitty wrote:

Hi Ken, To get the BB stamp you must be travelling with your wife.However if during the 12 month period of the BB visa you travel unaccompanied and return within that 12 month period, I would think it would be allowed.However if your wife is not with you on your return to the Philippines ,you will be unable to get a new BB stamp and therefore you would limited to the date on the BB stamp you obtained previously. These are only my thoughts and I am really uncertain if this is correct advise.Please check the Immigration to confirm.

i HAD READ PREVIOUSLY THAT ONCE YOU LEAVE THE BB STATUS IS OVER, AND IF YOU COME BACK BY YOURSELF THEN YOU ARE SUBJECT TO THE USUAL VISA RULES LIKE THE PREVIOUS BB NEVER HAPPENED.

thanks.  i will do that when we arrive in the Phil.

philembassy.no/consular-services/visa/special-resident-retirees-visa-srrv

I am planning on moving to PI this fall and have a wonderful young lady and we are going to get married after I am there. What is the best rout for me to take to get the permanent resident card??

I guess the best question is How do I go about becoming a permanent resident? I know I can arrive in PI without a Visa but beyond that I am confused by all of the stuff online.

XcntrK wrote:

I am planning on moving to PI this fall and have a wonderful young lady and we are going to get married after I am there. What is the best rout for me to take to get the permanent resident card??

I guess the best question is How do I go about becoming a permanent resident? I know I can arrive in PI without a Visa but beyond that I am confused by all of the stuff online.

After you are married just go to local immigration and they will explain how to get the "Temporary 1 year Probationary 13A visa and ACR card...After the one year you become permanent with a 5 year ACR card..

Thank you vetretreat,

That sounds about like one person told me in a chat room but he was not sure about it and said that the laws have changed recently. I am so blessed to have met my Fiance.

Instead of getting half information that is incorrect from blog members 
Please contact the department that is responsible for this.
For information on the retirement visa contact:
Roel Guiritan
29/F Citibank Tower
8741 Paseo de Roxas
Makati City 1220 Philippines
phone: +6328178190
email: [email protected]
Website www.gov.ph

http://www.pra.gov.ph/main/srrv_program?page=1

Try above link. This is a government agency who can assist with expats retire in Philippines

As far as I understand it has some benefits compare to ordinary resident visa such as waiving P2170 you pay on immigration on every exit.

I am living in Manila on a permanet resident visa. That is also easy enough to get provided you are married to a Filipina and when you have it is does not cause any hassle. you need to report every year and pay around P350

Knud

Dennigmt wrote:

Instead of getting half information that is incorrect from blog members 
Please contact the department that is responsible for this.
For information on the retirement visa contact:
Roel Guiritan
29/F Citibank Tower
8741 Paseo de Roxas
Makati City 1220 Philippines
phone: +6328178190
email: [email protected]
Website www.gov.ph

I met with this guy...He is all about PESO IS KING...He has huge fees for his services...RETIREMENT VISA IS FOR "SUCKERS" ...Stay away from this option...AND STAY AWAY FROM 29/F CITIBANK TOWER..How do you think they pay their rent...WITH YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY!!!

And you recommend who?