Skin so soft

Does anyone know where I could get some skin so soft without going to a Alvin dealer?  I read somewhere that I could get it at a flea market at a booth that sells Alvin but I won't be in an area that has a flea market before next Tuesday.  I am currently in Humacao and I have looked in town several places.
Any help will be appreciated.  These bugsare ddriving me crazy. I guess that even after a week here, they still are not satisfied with me.

Can't help you with Avon (not Alvin), but I'd try some other things too. Don't wear perfumes, they prefer the color blue and they just like some people better than others. They also like beer(as in drinking beer and the scnent eminating from your pores).

Thanks for the info. I do know that it is Skin so soft. I was typing fast & didn't notice my error. I'll try to remember not to wear perfume and won't drink too much beer.

My wife buys Avon stuff from a friend on a regular basis, She could order a bottle for you - we're close to Humacao and could meet up to do "the transfer".

Came across this article tonight. Another article says that mosquitoes prefer type "O" blood over all types and they can actually tell if you have it when they land on you. That  article also stated that mosquitoes prefer those who are leaner hence those adults with a high metabolic rate and children.

Tis the season for sunshine, barbecues, and mosquitoes.

Before you grab that DEET-based mosquito repellent in an effort to keep the mosquitoes at bay, consider that research at Duke University links diethyl-meta-toluamide (DEET) use to brain damage no wonder the mosquitoes leave at the first scent of it.  Perhaps wed be wise to follow their lead and stay clear of the stuff.  Check out my article tomorrow on the dangers of DEET mosquitorepellents.

Here are six natural options that mosquitoes hate and youll soon love.  You dont have to worry about DEET-induced brain cell damage or scratching yourself to death.  And, if you still think that natural means less effective, keep reading.  Some of these mosquito repellents are MORE EFFECTIVE THAN DEET!

1.  Citronella
The old standby.  Be sure youre using pure essential oil, not fragrance oil, which is ineffective and potentially dangerous.  Most mosquito repellent products containing citronella are made with fragrance oil and should be avoided.  If youre applying citronella to your skin, dilute it in a carrier oil or natural moisturizer.  A few drops per tablespoon of oil or cream is all that is needed.

2. Catnip
Research at Iowa State University found that catnip essential oil 10 is times more effective than DEET at repelling mosquitoes.  Mosquitoes will hate you and cats will love you.  Like citronella be sure to use it diluted in a carrier oil or natural moisturizer.

3. Lavender essential oil
Smells great and is a commonly used and effective mosquito repellent.

4. Soy oil
Better yet, choose organic soy oil as the carrier oil for catnip, lavender, and citronella essential oils.  According to research published in The New England Journal of Medicine soybean oil-based mosquito repellents are as effective as DEET-containing repellents.

5. NEEM seed oil
Neem oil is extracted from a plant that grows in India.  An ingredient in Neem seed oil has also been found to be more effective than DEET by researchers at the Malaria Institute in India.  Both the US National Research Council and the Journal of the American Mosquito Control Association have confirmed this finding.

6. Garlic
Eat lots of fresh garlicmosquitoes will steer clear of you since they hate the stuff.  As an added bonus, so will vampires.

Got one more for you courtesy of one of our farmers markets here in Florida-

"The mosquitoes are already out in force here in the South, so its time to break out the bug repellent. But toxic sprays arent a safe solution for yourself or your family. Try our three-ingredient DIY bug repellent spray recipe for a natural solution.

By using this natural solution instead of common store-bought sprays, you can avoid some of the chemicals in the sprays like DEET and other pesticides.
In the DEET Reregistration Eligibility Decision the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) reported 14 to 46 cases of potential DEET-associated seizures, including four deaths. The EPA states: [i]t does appear that some cases are likely related to DEET toxicity. However, since the likely seizure rate is only about one per 100 million users, the EPA still approved the chemical for use on our skin.
Many natural repellents are available in store-bought varieties that use citronella, lemongrass or even geranium oil. But they can be expensive and are actually quite simple to make at home. This recipe is made with easy, natural ingredients: salt, water and essential oils.
DIY Bug Repellent Spray
Makes 4 ounces
Ingredients
1/4 teaspoon salt
5 drops of Purification essential oil (or 1 drop each of citronella, lemongrass, tea tree, myrtle and rosemary essential oils)
water
Method
Place salt and oils in a 4 ounce spray bottle. Let sit until the oil soaks into the salt.
Fill remainder of bottle with water. Shake to combine.
To use: spritz over skin, avoiding eyes, before going outside. Bonusit smells wonderful.

thanks Gregg for the info on alternative bug repellants. Where do I get the Purification essential oil?

If you are anywhere Rincon you can stop at the farmers market on Sunday in the plaza. If not I can email some people that would know.

Great ideas, GreggK!

My wife typically buys essential oil at the various health food stores here on the island. They are not hard to find.

Thanks everyone for the info on where to get the oils. We are going to see some houses in Quebradilla on Wed. and may getto the west coast on the weekend so we may get to the farmers market on Sunday but I have been looking iin the drug stores for the boils to no avail. So now I will try the health food stores in my travels. I will update also on our search for a home.

How well do the essential oils work compared to OFF, in your opinion? Considering the new virus and dengue fever I'm wanting something that is gonna keep them way way way away LOL. I want them to die just by sensing my presence.

I'm curious, too, how well they work.  I hate using deet and this virus is certainly becoming a scare.

They work moderately well in our experience. My wife and baby use it almost daily in the house, and when we are outside at night (like last night) for extended periods. I think the biggest downside is that it probably does not last as long as the chemical versions.

I imagine that once you stop smelling it, the mosquitoes do too. So you have to be consistent about re-application.

A mixture of rosemary and cedarwood oil may help.

There used to be an Avon store in the Rio Hondo mall, which is salida 13, right off the 22 going toward Dorado. We have found an organic spray of essential oils made by Taproot Organics, which we love. I bought it specifically for our baby but use it for all of us. They used to be PR based, but moved back to the mainland and still ship here.