Moving to Manchester .

Hi all, i and my girlfriend are planning on moving to Manchester before this year runs out...we are actually planning on settling down in some other EU country apart from Finland , so we thought of Manchester. Finland is quite a boring place for someone like us.
My sister actually lives and study in Manchester,she has two kids and said Manchester is quite a nice place to live... well, that´s her opinion and that´s the main reason we are going visiting this summer to see for ourselves how it looks like and feels like.
We would like to know what you guys think about Manchester. a newbie guide perhaps :) or things to know before moving, but anyways i think it´s a lively city and social interaction is way more better than in Finland.

Hello,

I think you moving to Manchester is a good move. It is full of life, shops and job opportunities. It is a place of culture and can watch the world go by.

Also the home to Manchesters football clubs and Lancashire cricket ground.

Depending on what you like, there is the Northern Quarter in town which is funky and has cool bars.

Deansgate which has good restaurants.

China town where the restaurants are open till early hours. And can get all authentic Chinese food.

There is curry mile near the student area.

All the transport is good, can get a train to London in 2 hours.

I can't express how cool Manchester is. 

Good luck moving.

Boycut,

Manchester is a university city. It has UMIST, Salford and Manchester University and a lot of colleges.

It is one the industrial slums of the post second world war era of Yorkshire and Lancashire. These areas are  now being modernized by government funding.

You will find it a bit different in comparison to Finland, the first thing you will notice is lack of bicycles on the streets.

Now let us come to the reality of life: I found Manchester different when I was a student, different when I was making a little bit of money and different when I was making a lot of money. So life here  depends on how much money you have in your pocket!!!!

Hi There,

These are a couple of things you can do in Manchester

1. For a £5 day out get a tram travelcard

2. The Police Museum

3. King Bee Records

4. Watch FC United

5. Levenshulme Market

Hope you found this useful.