Re: meeting expats in Guanajuato

I will be renting an apartment for July and August. I don't know anyone in Guanajuato and would like to be able to make connections. Are there any expat groups or places that  are popular "hangouts"? Unfortunately my Spanish is marginal. Thanks

There are 2 forums for GTO. On these forums are a list of the monthly expat get-togethers. groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/gtoconnect
gtolist.com/forum/

Thanks so much. I'll look for these.

I'm in Ohio and have not been to Guanajuato.  I wondered if you would like to keep me posted about your experience.  I think about expat living next year when I retire.  Thanks

I will be happy to do that Susan.

I try to find nice and relaxed friends in Leon and Guanajuato.
Maybe we will move soon to one of this towns.
Please help me to find a great school for my 14 year old boy who speaks German, English and French. Also I need help in finding a beautiful house in a good living area.

I am thankful for some help!

Hello all,

Welcome to Expat.com Dea73 :)

I suggest to put an ad in the section Housing in Mexico for your accommodation search and also check  the directory Education in Mexico for your search for a school.

Hope you will find what you are looking for!

Best regards
Olivier
Expat.com Team

Hi, I see your post is 2 years old. But I wonder how your trip went. I am going to Guanajuato for 3 weeks over the winter holidays. Checking it out. Have anything you learned that you'd be willing to share? Thanks! - Chris

Hi Chris:
Go on ***. Join the Mexico forum and search Guanajuato. Also post your question there. It's a very active site full of great info & very helpful people. I'm planning a long trip to GTO & surrounding areas myself in early 2017 & have gotten/found great info on that site. Good luck & have fun on your trip. I'd like to know what you thought of it when you return --Barb

Moderated by Priscilla 7 years ago
Reason : no external link please