Teaching in Paraguay

Hi!

I'm a British national currently living and teaching in South Korea. I'm interested in working in Paraguay as it sounds quirky and almost of another time, which really appeals to me.

On the other hand, I'm aware that Paraguay is a developing country with relatively low salaries, but I'd like to be able to rent my own place (no shared accommodation) and not be worrying about money all of the time.

My qualifications are a BSc in Social Sciences, CELTA and 3 years of ESL experience in a Korean public school. I'll probably stay in Korea until 2015, so I'll have even more experience when I actually move. I know that landing the right job can sometimes be a matter of being in the right place at the right time, but can anyone tell me what sort of salary and lifestyle I could realistically expect based on my qualifications?

Thanks.

I suppose my question might have been too specific. Can anyone comment on the general state of ESL in Paraguay?

I am not really much help but at least a response!!
Paraguay is not like Asia, from my basic perspective its much tougher to earn an ESL income you can live on.
I know SE Asia quite well and my personal preference is for Paraguay, but its very different in terms of ESL, expats, population intensity and online traffic etc. (That's why there are fewer active forums in Paraguay.)
Perhaps try finding the English Schools in Asuncion online and sending a query to them directly.

Say, I was thinking the same about Paraguay.

I'm going soon to Arequipa, Peru to take my ESL class through
Language Corps, then will probably migrate to Lima.

From there I'll work ESL, and try to gather more info about that
"crazy little country on the other side of the Andes".

Rafael

SthnDrift wrote:

I am not really much help but at least a response!!
Paraguay is not like Asia, from my basic perspective its much tougher to earn an ESL income you can live on.

Tough to earn an income you can live on? That doesn't sound very promising.

I think I might revisit the idea of teaching in Paraguay when the ESL market is more developed, but I wish you and wedgeo the best of luck with your plans.

Hola, soy Licenciado en educación mención técnica mercantil, tengo experiencia en nivel medio diversificado y universitario, quisiera saber si tengo chance para entrar al sistema educativo paraguayo, que perspectivas hay para una persona como yo de 55 años de edad? y que ciudad me recomiendan para vivir y trabajar?

@jshtchr  i think most r not intrested  in english there unless persons who have plans 2 relocate to west block, or persons who need english 4 certain jobs in pgy ,but it sureley possible to find work,but i guess u need 2 put a lot of work in finding. i myself never bothered

@EricVonT

hello and welcome !

Please note that the opening post is from 2014.

Regards

Bhavna