Can i survive with this sum of money?

i am new to this blog   and i was wondering  can i survive on 26 billion idr i collected it over 3 years and i also hold 78 billion un RU     how much are homes can i pay in IDR and can i get a nice home thanks and have a wonderful day

Icestrom, what is your intention, you want to move to indonesia and just retire??

It is a huge amount you are holding, question is for how long it should last.

Of course you can rent a home and pay in Rp but again you will have to tell a little more so that people can give you better ideas, you are talking about living in Bali or Jakarta perhaps??

bali or jakarta   i hold  right at 26 billion     i collected over the year i bought 750 in us $ every 4 months for 5 years i buy 2 million per month i am hoping to have a large home a few cars like two and a calm retirement i am a international bizz man   i was told i will die at age 55 heart issues from stress and over working my body just someplace to calm down and relax with my wife

i am looking to buy   i am looking for a remote home high up great views  not in a city nor near a city 50 to 75 miles away is nice

will   the IDR ever be something like other currency will they swich it out i do not think they have plans for that investers are loving this   i coud have a trillion IDR if i required that i am vary thankful to everyone that gives me pointers

Hah!  I wasnt there for the big one in 1993, but you could call me icestorm 1982.  Yup, Bean Town was my home too from 75 to 84 and I loved it.

Bali would likely suit you very well, and you might really enjoy our central highlands, specifically the Bedugul and Kintamani areas of Bali.  Do some Google searches on those areas.   

Assuming you are not Indonesian you wont be able to buy a property here, but long term leases are more than adequate. 

With 26 billion IDR you could build a very nice small palacelikely far beyond your needs.  A reasonable budget for a first class home including land would be 8 to 10 billion leaving 16 billion in the bank earning at least 1.2 billion a year for income which is far more than plenty, including required full time domestic staff. 

If you havent been to Bali or Java, your best bet is to come over for long visit and do your homework here.  The variety of topography and climate will astound you.

With that amount of money I would look elsewhere where it is more easy to live as a foreigner......however as Ubudian is saying you better come over to Indonesia and see yourself how life is here.

Spend enough time and explore the different areas, learn about the culture, see the pros/cons

i understand how they live and i have been to jakarta 3 times in the last year i am what must people say a big cheap a$$ or tight a$$            in 2 years i will wish to have a nice place a decent home in 2 year my cash will stand at 173 billion or more i buy 2 million a month and sometimes more all the times i have been there the people are sweet nice and down to earth      i will pay for a guide to help me find my new place or if someone has ideas please please inform me id like to built a big place and hire the people to do so i am also thinking of investing in a resort of something over there or other bizz   i am a long time holder of big amounts of currency i do investing     most people do not understand that you have to invest all or do not convert it back to us money   a monkey understands that haha    but you get the idea  of what i do over the last 5 years i have aquired a huge amount of money in around 12 areas of the globe but this area of the world is the place i wish to retire peaceful calm cheap and just what the DR asked for

Thats great that you bemos full of cash, but consider that while important, a happy and sustained life in Bali, or Java, is not determined by prints on paper alone.  ;)

Good luck!

Buy a beautifull resort in bali, open a house for charity program or orphanages house, blended with people around U, love ur life to the fullest.. Good luck :)