Cool places in NZ to move to?!

Hey,

I'm from the UK and there's a few of us thinking about moving over in October till at least February, guess we'd be in for good weather then - well, a lot better than UK anyway.

Anyway, wanted to know people's thoughts on good location spots, I've lived in Glasgow most of my life and now Budapest so ideally I'd like to stick to city life than somewhere rural or remote, and somewhere with good nightlife. I've heard Dunedin is more or less a student town so it's meant to be good there, and also heard Queenstown has good nightlife (it looks beautiful if nothing else judging by photos). Can anyone comment on any of that or those locations as living spots, or recommend any other areas? Open to suggestions right now and appreciate all the advice I can get.

And what are living costs like at the moment out there, I'm hearing it's on a par, if not slightly more expensive than Australia right now?

Cheers,

Mikey

MikeyMcD wrote:

Hey,

I'm from the UK and there's a few of us thinking about moving over in October till at least February, guess we'd be in for good weather then - well, a lot better than UK anyway.

Anyway, wanted to know people's thoughts on good location spots, I've lived in Glasgow most of my life and now Budapest so ideally I'd like to stick to city life than somewhere rural or remote, and somewhere with good nightlife. I've heard Dunedin is more or less a student town so it's meant to be good there, and also heard Queenstown has good nightlife (it looks beautiful if nothing else judging by photos). Can anyone comment on any of that or those locations as living spots, or recommend any other areas? Open to suggestions right now and appreciate all the advice I can get.

And what are living costs like at the moment out there, I'm hearing it's on a par, if not slightly more expensive than Australia right now?

Cheers,

Mikey

Are you going for a holiday or looking for work ?? Queenstown is expensive as it is a tourist town.
Christchurch is being redeveloped after the quake and rentals are hard to find and are expensive
Dunedin is a student city, good nightlife from what I have been told.
For cost of living try www.numbeo.com