Advice

Hi there Expat in Iraq,

I need some advice or feedback about the current situation in baghdad Iraq for foreign workers in a hotel, an international hotel chain in baghdad.  We will be joining this company soon but still undecided. Pls help us and update us on the situation there..

Thank you "-"

please specify what kind of info is needed?

In Iraq only Kurdistan (Erbil, Suleymania & Duhok) are safe. rest of Iraq is very much unsafe.

Aha..

Hmmm
The hotel location will be in.al jadriah st in baghdad right across the tigris river...

How is the current situation in baghdad now?

Thanks

Well, we want to know as foreign workers in iraq, if its really not that bad living in baghdad as what my friend was telling us. Who have been there in baghdad.

Thanks much.

currently Baghdad is not safe.

Uh uh! 
We will be moving to baghdad soon to work in a hotel located in al jadriah,  across tigris river.. Our accommodation is also inside the hotel premises.
Pls advice me places where not to go in baghdad? 
.thanks so much!

At present all flights out of Baghdad are fully booked for the next 3 weeks and cost is 4 times than normal.My friends who are working in security there are working on evacuation plans to get their clients out. The Australian govt have just sent special forces soldiers there to guard their embassy and are advising any Australians there to leave.
It is not a safe place to be right now as the situation could change from bad to worse at any time.

If you can avoid going to Baghdad... do so!