Student jobs in Rennes

Bonjour,

I would like start my Masters studies in Rennes from September, but willing to relocate there before September. My English is advanced, and my French is basic.

Could you recommend me what type of student jobs are available and on which websites I would be able to find sg?

Thank you for the information:)

Krisztina

Hi Krizinta,
I'm Surender, also heading to rennes in this september for my masters, I also was wondering for the part time job over there. so it would be very helpful if u would like to be in contact wid me, to share each other infos.

Cheers!

Best Regards]
Surender

Hi Surrender,

Thanks for your message.

To be frank I am a bit scared as so far I have not really fund out how I will be able to support myself in Rennes, and the deadline of paying the deposit of the tuition fee is already here!!

I thought of babysitting on the first basis, and hoped to be a live-in nanny, but my lessons are from 9-17.00pm. I would study International HR Management at University Rennes 2. How about you?

What sort of jobs did you think of so far? I´ ll give you my e-mail address, I think it is better to communicate like this: ****************
Krisztina

Moderated by Gavind 8 years ago
Reason : avoid posting your personal contact details on the forum for security measures.
surender_nrs wrote:

Hi Krizinta,
I'm Surender, also heading to rennes in this september for my masters, I also was wondering for the part time job over there. so it would be very helpful if u would like to be in contact wid me, to share each other infos.

Cheers!

Best Regards]
Surender

hi people,
i got acceptance letter from esc rennes for a msc in international finance.. i would love to do masters in france, but i see lots of negative reviews in the internet on job hunting and getting placed. is it possible to find an internship and a pretty good job after the course. kindly enlighten me.
Regards
Arun Paul

Hey guys,

I am student of ESC Rennes pursuing maters in International marketing. To be honest , there are hardly any jobs over here. If you speak french you are good over here otherwise you will have a real tough time finding a job and an internship over here. 80% of the international students do not find internship . French is a must over here. I had the same impression as you guys have right now about these things.

HI soumyadipsaha,

Thanks for your reply.

Can I ask for your contact to ask some questions regarding the internships? May I ask you what did you do eventually, or did you improve your French so that it was at sufficient level?

What does sufficient level of French means? B2 or C1 level?

Many thanks,

Krisztina

hello Krisztina ,

yes sure , You can have my facebook id " [email protected] " . well I have got one semester left over here. Right now  my vacations are on , tried so hard to find a student's job. But nobody calls you back after taking your resume. Normally french students are given the first preference or if you speak french its good. My french is really poor , i'm almost at beginner level . so , Things are little difficult for the non speakers. well , i am not sure about the levels of the french launguage. But yes , in paris i have heard there are english speaking jobs.

soumyadip

HI Surender,

How are you?

So are you going to try the international program in Rennes? Can I ask for your e-mail address?

Thanks,

Krisztina

Hi Guys,
I suppose you guys are already settled, but as for as I understand, finding work to finance your studies will be pretty challenging, esp. since France has high debt, high unemployment (10% +) and very few full time jobs. Most jobs are part time and locals are already in queue. So, the best is to explore:
1. Loans from home, probably guaranteed by someone close to you.
2. Any French govt. loans or schemes to help, esp. in emergencies, including accommodation programmes for youth/students
3. Take help from a local friend who can help in some way. However, most people are in the same boat themselves and are not making much money, but do not have any doubt. For a lot of people, those few precious bills a student needs are not much. It is still a very rich country.
Vs

Hi,

I am from Pakistan and intending to start my masters in Human Resource from Rennes 1. I read the blogs about difficulty in finding part time jobs, was wondering as internship is a mandatory part of the degree are students (international with limited french) able to find one?

can anyone advice pls?

Thanks!

Hello all,

Kindly note that this thread has been inactive since 2014.

I would suggest that you start a new one on our work in Rennes forum
Thank you,
Gavind

Hi Krisztina,

I just moved to Rennes from California a week ago and am going to Rennes School of Business for my BBA honors and master in international Management.  Regarding of the jobs situation,It depends on the type of jobs you are looking for. For instance, I was looking for a teaching job, I was able to find one at Rennes Language center, but the only thing that hold me back of not taking the position is my school schedule . But other than that, I do not have any issue to find job.  I also see job posting about baby sitting. And there are lost of restaurants here so I think with your English skills, you might be able to find something.

hi everyone,
i m amit  living in rennes permanently.
I am here to find some friends in rennes.

anyone,please feel free to write me.

Hello Krisztina,

I am Jennifer a Nigerian looking to relocate to Rennes France in September.  I'm aware your message is as far back as 2014, but I was wondering if you could share insights about your study experience at the University of Rennes.

I would also like to know the job opportunities available for international students over there in France.

Thank you.