Visiting Riyadh On Umrah Visa

Assalamu alaykum,

If my family member comes to Makkah/Madina from my home country on Umrah Visa, can they visit Riyadh for few days?

If yes, then what is the procedure?

Thanks,
Aftab

Walaikum salam
Brother they can not visit riyadh.they can only goto madinah,makkah and jeddah

aftabv wrote:

Assalamu alaykum,

If my family member comes to Makkah/Madina from my home country on Umrah Visa, can they visit Riyadh for few days?

If yes, then what is the procedure?

Thanks,
Aftab

Its illegal to do so, according to the law, someone who comes with Umrah visa cannot travel to other cities except Meccah and Medinah. Why dont you invite them to saudi on Visit VISA? In this case they can stay in Riyadh and also go for umrah.

Why dont you invite them to saudi on Visit VISA?

Getting visas for in-laws is difficult... :(

You can go visit them in Mecca. Getting a visit visa for in-laws is not at all difficult but these days they are rejecting everyone's application for some certain reason. Maybe because of a pre ramadan umrah rush.

yes ! you can travel if you hold passport in your hand with valid umrah visa. they can even travel through saptco or airlines..

on umrah visa you are just not allowed to work ! other wise if you have ur original passport in your hangs you can travel to other parts of KSA too

Dr sahab how's it practically possible? I thinks its impossible to come to Riyadh holding Umrah visa no matter if passport is also with the person..

Do u know any family who done it practically? and is it legal?

kpanhwar wrote:

Dr sahab how's it practically possible? I thinks its impossible to come to Riyadh holding Umrah visa no matter if passport is also with the person..

Do u know any family who done it practically? and is it legal?

I know my close relative took there parents to riyadh on saptco so I assume its legal and allowed.. I guess some other input by TLL would be helpful here..

Yes, it is legal !

Umrah visa holders can visit other cities e.g. Riyadh. I had a relative done that to his parents.
But nowadays it is being difficult to get the visas as the pre-Ramadan period. Plus the authority has lowered it from 30 days to 15 days.

One thing mostly it is correct, that the Umrah visitor should travel from Jeddah airport if landed there first time.

Lion R.E wrote:

Yes, it is legal !

Umrah visa holders can visit other cities e.g. Riyadh. I had a relative done that to his parents.
But nowadays it is being difficult to get the visas as the pre-Ramadan period. Plus the authority has lowered it from 30 days to 15 days.

One thing mostly it is correct, that the Umrah visitor should travel from Jeddah airport if landed there first time.

^^ true that..

From Saudi Customs.....

General Guidelines for Umrah Pilgrims:

- Travelers must carry vaccination certificates with them for inspection by the Saudi Authority at port of entry.
    - No food products are allowed into the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
    - Pilgrims will be authorized to visit any city besides the Holy Sites, if they request permission from the Authorized Saudi Passport Offices.
    Their travel agency should be informed of such intention. The travel agency should then provide and arrange for transportation.
    - Umrah pilgrims should not overstay their visas.
    - Umrah pilgrims are urged to declare all currencies in their possession and to exchange currencies only through authorized currency exchange establishments.