International student

hello everyone
i'm a tunisian undergraduate student, i plan to move to the US  in the next few months.
my question is this ; i have a US co-signer and i want to get a student loan to study in one of the universities in north carolina, shall i apply to get the loan first or the university first ?  :/ knowing that the uni needs a proof of funds to accept a student and the loan company needs a acceptance letter from the uni to review the file.
thanks !

University first. Is having to show proof of funds a new thing or just for international students? I have never heard of that.

Once you're accepted at the school, getting the loans are easy.  Having the loans does nothing to get you accepted to the school.

HaileyinHongKong wrote:

Once you're accepted at the school, getting the loans are easy.  Having the loans does nothing to get you accepted to the school.

Exactly.  Get accepted first, then get funding.

HaileyinHongKong wrote:

Yes be sure to say that you are expecting a loan on your financial responsibility form