"RESIDENCY/LONG TERM" VISA for PHILIPPINE NATIONALS PROCEDURES

Hi,

I am a Filipina married to a Westerner and currently living in Saudi Arabia. My husband works here and holds a residency card/IQAMA. However, my visa is a "FAMILY VISIT VISA" which is a short term and a "SINGLE ENTRY VISA". At the moment, we are in the process of gathering information on the procedures to applying a residency/long term visa. I hope I can get some helpful tips/advise from you guys especially to my fellow countrymen who had gone through this process.

Thank you

:)

Hi,
Getting Visit Visa converted in Permanent Family Residence is all matter of Luck..
Best way is that you can return to your country and ask your husband to apply for permament family visa in Istikdam condition is your husband's profession in iqama should be Technician & above and Minimum salary 3000-3500 SAR.

Regards
Daniel

Thanks.

What do you mean by "Istikdam condition"?

ISTIKDAM IS THE OFFICE where we have to go with our application..

"Istikdam condition" means that if your husband profession is technician or above and minimimum salary is 3500 SAR then ministry will issue the permanent visa.

tuttifrutti, let me add the comma where it should go:

Best way is that you can return to your country and ask your husband to apply for permament family visa in Istikdam, condition is your husband's profession in iqama should be Technician & above and Minimum salary 3000-3500 SAR.

Istikdam is the name of the office, and the conditions for applying are as Daniel said.

Isn't your husband's company willing to do this?  It is usually the HR office at the workplace that takes care of family visas.  Your husband should go to the appropriate personnel at his work place and tell them that he wants to bring his family over on a residence visa.  They should handle it all.  It doesn't matter what your nationality is, the procedure is the same.

Ohh I see. Thank you. :)

Ok Thank you. How long does it usually take to get the residency visa? So Does it mean that while process my application I should be in my home country, or can I stay here in Saudi?

You will have to be out of here and in your home country, as you will have to provide some documents there at the Saudi Embassy.

How long the procedure takes depends on how efficient the personnel at your husband's company are, and whether they have any connections or not in the government offices here.  It can take anywhere from 2 to 4 months.  Good luck!

Thank you very much for the information. :D