Replacement licence plates

I am waiting for my new bike STNK and registration plates and I have been told that currently there is a delay as to when the official police plates will arrive. So that will mean when I recieve the STNK I still can not ride it. If I get plates made at the side of the road and use them in the meanwhile that should be OK? I have been advised to cover them to make it harder for anyone to see if they are real plates or not.
As you have to carry the STNK about anyway I can't see a problems especially when there are so many bike on the streets without plates.

Probably not, but as I found out when the idiots from Daihatsu, BSD put false plates on my car (Claiming they were real and legal), you can end up with a problem.
I'd be tempted to leave the thing at home for a few days.
Also, ask the sales staff if a payment will speed things up - Honda did that for me.
I don't recall what I paid but it was hardly a bank breaker.

Its been at home for a month and there is no cleaner bike around. The dealer said they cant do anything but wait. 
I will let you know what I decide. My wife and brother in law seem to be in charge of this while I sit and watch/wonder.

A month - wow.
My Honda took a week.
Dude,wander to the samsat, ask nicely about the fee for a quick service.
They'll probably ask a lot so, as you ask, pull out 300 plus some small notes, making it look as if that's all you have on you.

Too late. Plates on and off for a ride.  A colleague just had his plates arrive a week after the stnk. Nonsense really but thank you for the advice