Moving to Khobar

Hi Everyone

Me and my husband and two children are currently in the process of moving to Khobar, most likely Al Zamil.

Is there anybody who lives here that can reassure my manic mind with any info. My husband has seen the compound, I have just seen the brochure. My children are 6 and 4 months so is there lots to do? My husband will be working long hours and I don't want to feel trapped so is there plenty to do and get a pamper?

I want to know all there is however I know that until I land there and see for myself there is little i can do but any info would be excellent. Its a big change for us and although we are very excited i am also sick with nerves.

Thanks Stef

hi Stef.
the compound Zamil is a great place.
i used to visit some friends inside.
it is one of the most big and luxury camps in Eastern province. i think we can rank it in the top 3 compound in Eastern province.
there is a mini super market inside. and many playground. and swimming pool.
people inside are from mix nationalities. mainly american and British.
there is a bus transportation also available to go to supermarkets, mall , shops....
the security is very good. the service of the compound is also perfect.
hope you will enjoy your stay in khobar,
have a safe fly.
if you need anything else just tell me.

Hello,

I just moved here a couple days ago. It would be nice to meet people who aren't my coworkers! PM or e mail me at psmall10 at apu dot edu

I don't like how isolated my "compound" is from...everything. It's next to a rather abandoned Las Dunas compound. My housing allowance, IIRC, is around 55,000 -- I know, not much compared to the big companies. But I don't really need much. A 1B1BH with access to a decent gym, retail & supermarkets, and... yeah. I guess my greatest difficulty is that I'm a single American female.

Anyway, what do you think? I don't want to be farther north than Las Dunas, as my school is actually south.

Thank you for any advice!

Hi,

You may want to check out the apartments in and around AlRawabi area. You have Home Centre, Extra and Hyper Panda. I have colleagues there who stay in a  1 bed room apartment with rental at - SAR25,000. The closest gym for women will be Curves (or something like that) on the DHL signal next to the tall residential tower.

Let me know should you need any help.

Regards,
Raunak

Hi everyone

Me again checking in, Hubby is finishing last month in Kaust/Damman area and will be moving over to Al Khubar and we need info for a furnished one bedroom/Bachelor,  not very expensive as we do not need it to be top class. Please advise us again.   Thanks all Sarie

Hi Sarivz.  I would like to know your experience with accommodation for single males in Al Khobar.

Hi everyone,

@ Johansa, welcome on board  :)

It would be better if you create a new thread on the Khobar forum since this thread is outdated. Sarivz's post is from 2014, you might not get any response.

all the very best
Bhavna

Hi
welcome to khobar. There are many compounds in surrounding depends on your budget and easy approach  to the office.

Regards