Festivals in Morocco

Hi folks,

I just wanted to know what big or small festivals there are in Morocco year around, how you get tickets if the festival's in another city.

I am into being emerged into this culture, anybody up to surfing the waves of the culture shock with me? :P

Cheers, S

Hi, my name is Gary, I know there's the gnawa festival in Essaouria, it's suppose to be pretty cool, thinking bout checking it out.  did you go to mawazine?

No never been there.. Have you?

yeah it actually just passed, it was in rabat.  luckily i had some time to check it out.  got to hear some soul/funk and some afrobeat performed.  ben l'oncle soul with the monophonics and ebo taylor, it was a good time.  highlife makes you move.  have you found any good festivals? or live music in casa?

I once was in l etoile, a restaurant in maarif and they play live gnaoua music... Otherwise, brock plays diff kinds of music during the week days n is a night club at weekends... Have been to any other places that play live music?

I haven't checked out brock yet.  People have been recommending it, but you know time is the enemy.  there's lizarran, right behind starbucks they they have a couple of bands that are pretty regular,  but they just seem to play the same playlist.  I've got a couple places i've been wanting to check out Armstrong and La Caleche have you heard of these places?