British woman found dead in Ubud

Just read about it in the Jakarta Post, that she was found in a rented villa and obviously her death was not a natural one.

My first thought is, are there no security people at this villa compound??

It says something about the villa being among rice paddies, maybe it's just a one off place, not a complex.
However, the bruises and strangulation, along with a kicked down door, suggests there may be fowl play.

Yeah might be the case but understand that owner of the villa found her when he wanted to provide new towels....so my first guess was the villa is in a complex.

However, seems she got murdered....

Her alleged killer has been caught in Jakarta after being on the lam. A great job by the Indonesian authorities for apprehending the suspect in such a short span of time.

That was quick if it is true....

Where you got this from??

It's in Indonesian but here's the link

http://news.detik.com/read/2014/05/24/1 … i-bangunan

The villa was not part of a complex, and in fact, there are very few villa complexes in the Ubud area.   The location of the villa was remote and in the middle of a sawah. 

Satpams are not commonplace with most villas found in the Ubud area, and this is true even among the most wealthy of owners.  Most folks rely on the local village pecalangs, but for them to looking out for an expat's villa, that expat is expected to be a regular contributor (just like the Balinese) to monthly temple expenses.  Either you are a part of the community, or you're not.   

As noted in the JP article, violent crimes in the Ubud area are quite rare, but not unheard of.  This is the first murder of a tamu in quite a long time, about 12 years if my recollection serves me correctly.  A very sorrowful and horrific event, this has rocked the Ubud community, both Balinese and foreigners, considerably.