Family reunification visa

hi! is there someone who has recently applied for family reunification visa? how long did u wait for the result?
Thanks

hi i applied in april 2014,,they said it could take as short as two months and a maximum of nine months,,so am still waiting

hi! is your sponsor your husband/ wife? or fiance? and is he/she norwegian?

For fiance they said it could take max 9 months.

my husband and he is norwegian

Goodluck! I hope you get a fast approval.

thank you and the same for you too

Any updates on your applications?

Mine took 2 months- a lot quicker than expected!

I applied july 8, just 2 dAys ago at norwegian embassy manila. Went inside ground floor wherein i submitted my documents as per checklist. nyway, i am applying for spouse visa. Married to a filipino who has a residence permit for skilled workers. The guy( officer) only asked me my husband's occupation and looked at my husband's photocopied passport which i submitted. Then he put a stamp on my passport which states :

Visa no:______

Norwegian embassy manila

He then arranged my requirements along with my passport. Gave me a  blue card and told me to go to the 21st floor to submit them. Before that he told me the processing is 2-6 months!!!OMG! Im quite skeptical if ill get approved.

Just wait for 2 weeks and give us a feedback.

The waiting game is driving me crazy. Ill just go home to davao in the meantime.

It might not take that long. Lets hope for the best. Give us an update and all the best for u and your husband!

Any update with your wife's application?

jenny168 wrote:

Any update with your wife's application?

not yet, she applied at Singapore and they told her it may take 6-8 weeks...so this week is close to fourth week.

we received mail last month from UDI to say they have received our application,,,i was just wondering if one can apply for a schengen visa with a pending family reunification visa

How many days from your application did they email you that they have received your application?

1 month,,actually they sent a letter to norway our address

Hey. Any feedback? Just wondering coz when I applied for working visa, it takes only 3 days for approval.

Maribel5 wrote:

Hey. Any feedback? Just wondering coz when I applied for working visa, it takes only 3 days for approval.

Good for you sis.. It only took 3 days approval for you. Didnt apply for working visa though. I applied for family immigration. No feedback yet up to now. :(:(:(

I'm planning to bring my husband and 2 kids also. I thought it's easy :(. Pls. let me know how many days it took you :).

Maribel5 wrote:

I'm planning to bring my husband and 2 kids also. I thought it's easy :(. Pls. let me know how many days it took you :).

Oh.. So you are working in norway now and planning to get your husband and kids thru family reunification? Are you a filipino? You can go to the udi website udi.no and click Want to Apply. Then you can choose which one applies to you. But it might be better that your husband will do the application process.

I applied but the officer told me the processing is 2-6 months after submission of requirements. Hope this helps.

Yes, I am a Filipino. Kabayan...hehe.

It will take a wile to wait :D  I live in norway ur lucky o come great jobs good payment good rulles etc. :D

DeeRose wrote:
Maribel5 wrote:

Oh.. So you are working in norway now and planning to get your husband and kids thru family reunification? Are you a filipino? You can go to the udi website udi.no and click Want to Apply. Then you can choose which one applies to you. But it might be better that your husband will do the application process.

I applied but the officer told me the processing is 2-6 months after submission of requirements. Hope this helps.

Hi. What's u`p? How's your application?

Hi po... Still nothing. Im still on the 2nd week. They told me 2-6 months

Hi! I got the approval of my spousal Visa/ family reunification already last july 24. It took me less than 3 weeks.

wow you are so lucky,,,,

Im so happy for you. Congratulations. I hope everyone will have the result of their applications as fast as yours. Have a great stay in norway!

Just claimed my passport today with the visa in it. Realized that they gave me a d visa. Which is an entry visa ryt? But what i dont understand, when they emailed me
it said Decision- the foreign service mission grants the applicant a temporary residence permit for family immigration with spouse in Norway.

I dont understand. So it means i cnt go out frm norway to go to other schengen areas?

I think you can travel. You´ll get a new residence card when you arrive here.

Its an entry visa for Schengen countries. That means, your point of entry is anywhere in Schengen countires (i.e. France, Denmark, Sweden or Norway). Once you arrive here in Norway, you need to report to the police for your residence card and your tax as well.

You will be given a residence card and it will be sent to your address. That residence card allows you to travel in and out of Norway and to enter any of the Schengen countries.

pepponeskie wrote:

Its an entry visa for Schengen countries. That means, your point of entry is anywhere in Schengen countires (i.e. France, Denmark, Sweden or Norway). Once you arrive here in Norway, you need to report to the police for your residence card and your tax as well.

You will be given a residence card and it will be sent to your address. That residence card allows you to travel in and out of Norway and to enter any of the Schengen countries.

Okay.. Now its clear to me. Thank you all for your help. Nyway, i think i got faster result becoz my husband emailed udi that he wants me to be with him when he goes back to norway on sept. I was quite skeptical though if ill get approved because the officer did not ask anything when i submitted my papers.He did not ask for our pictures, rental contract. I only submitted what's in the checklist. And he only asked for 1 passport size picture which was attached to the cover letter.. Maybe i just got lucky.

DeeRose wrote:
pepponeskie wrote:

Okay.. Now its clear to me. Thank you all for your help. Nyway, i think i got faster result becoz my husband emailed udi that he wants me to be with him when he goes back to norway on sept. I was quite skeptical though if ill get approved because the officer did not ask anything when i submitted my papers.He did not ask for our pictures, rental contract. I only submitted what's in the checklist. And he only asked for 1 passport size picture which was attached to the cover letter.. Maybe i just got lucky.

it's normally 2 weeks when applied in manila. approval are done only in the norwegian embassy and not on UDI (Norway)...as my previous post, that I told you to get back to us for the updates on the 2nd week.

Im sorry but i think my papers were forwarded to udi because they emailed us back when we emailed them on july 21 that they already pulled up our application, and they sent their decision to the norwegian embassy in manila. It stated " we have sent our final decision to the norwegian embassy in manila. The applicant would be contacted soon by the embassy regarding our decision."And also my husband got a letter from udi in norway through mail that my application was received. Then after 3 days a letter came in again stating that they approved it. The letter came in late though because we have emailed them already.I believe its a case to case basis. I tried to post the email of udi here but its not possible.

And regarding your 2 weeks of sending u updates, i emailed also the norwegian embassy here in manila of any updates. Sent them emails for 3 consecutive days after 2 weeks of submitting my application. They did not respond. Only when we received an email from udi that i have the guts to call them. And they checked my record. And only then did they tell me that it was approved already.

Hi. Did you have your photocopied document notarized?.thank u

When it comes to processing time, it all depends on the completeness and accuracy of the documents that you've submitted. It took me 3 weeks to get my Engagement Permit because I had everything they needed, down to copies of my now husband's education loans, diplomas, and even his monthly NAV disbursements. Also, its important from your end as the applicant to get all your papers stamped and red ribboned because the Norwegian Embassy in Manila will either a) not accept your application until your documents have been verified or b) put it on hold until you've submitted the missing documents. This happened to me, actually. I had no idea I needed my documents red-ribboned so I had to go back for resubmission.

Anyway, now that Engagement and Spouse visa applications are being processed in Manila, it shouldn't take too long to get a response (1-2 months is what they told me). Usually, it's when your papers are sent to Norway that it can take up to 9 months. When I applied in February, it was a 50/50 split (half in Manila, half in Norway). I was lucky that mine got processed in Manila. But again, it may still take a while depending on whether your documents are complete. If something is missing, you may have to wait a while.

Good luck and I hope you get your response soon!

Hello :). My family visa has been approved and they are travelling on Sept1. DeeRose, did you process other things that are needed in the airport? Exit clearance perhaps? Thanks. :)

Hi maribel5. how.many days did it take for the approval of your family's application?

One week. But i'm not sure if there is any other docs needed in the airport :(