Organize an Expat blog meet-up!

Hi
We are Lyn & Stu and we are from the UK and are considering a move to the KL area and would like to meet up with some fellow expats if we can.

We are coming out to Malaysia on the 13th Nov 2015 for 6 weeks.
We will be in KL from the 13th Nov to 26th and then back in KL from the 15th Dec till the 25th Dec.

We are looking to come out on the Mm2h visa programme.

Stu has just retired from the UK fire service after 33yrs  service and I have given up my job in the financial services industry so that we can make some life changes!

We are new to using blogs but would welcome any advice and would love to attend a meet up if we can too!

hi lyn&Stu..
Welcome to Kuala Lumpur!
We can meet up over tea or lunch on December then, as I'm still in Jakarta at current( got some events need to settle).
If you need any further info about KL dun hesitate to lemme know, happy to help :)
Have a great Thursday both of you!

Regards,
Dina & Lam

Hi Dina & Lam
Thank you for replying, it would be great to meet up with you whilst we are out in KL.
Once we arrive in KL we can message you and arrange a convenient time to meet up.

Hope all goes well whilst you are out in Jakarta (that's another place we would love to visit too!)

Look forward to meeting you soon

Lyn and Stu  :top:

Well I would like to join too.

Hi
Sorry for the delay replying!
It would be great to meet up we will message you once we arrive in KL and arrange a time if that is ok with you👍😆

Looking forward to meeting you

I am new to this blog can I also join  the meet up but myself homemaker

Hi Lyn & Stu,

feel free to drop me a message if you'd like to meet for a chat and stuff. If you need any local advice just let me know!

regards,

Mabel

Thanks Mabel
We will send you a contact request and hopefully meet up whilst we are out in KL!!

Kind regards

Lyn & Stu  :top:

It sounds great  ;)

I am currently visiting KL through December 16th.  I will be returning to the States to shore up some things there and will return to KL by Feb 1st for good.  Let me know a time and date when you expect to get together and hopefully my friend and I can join in the fun.

Hello Ali,
Where do u work??

Great new look to the forum and getting a while to familiarise.

Anyone available for drinks on Wednesday, 2nd Dec 2015 @ Mont Kiara pubs.

What happened to everyone, the thread dropped dead!

Cheers contact me which date you organize?

Someone gotta organize the event I think  :/

I thought the meets would be much more now but then suddenly it die. What happened to everyone. Most are (were!) in KL but I see you are also in Penang so thats a good start :)

yes i need organize in penang

Actually there are meetups in Penang but I never joined them. They involve activties like sports or blood donations or networking, if these things interest you.

I have never been in any expat meeting in Penang since the time I arrived yet so quite interested with penang activities.

A good way to find meet ups in Penang is through religious communities and their events.

Kim - here is a link to an upcoming event at Queensbay Mall - http://www.visitpenang.gov.my/portal3/c … -2017.html

Perhaps there are others in Penang who would like to make up a group to attend together?