German guy - wants to work in kenya

Hello there!

I'd like to introduce myself as the new face in the forum. My name is mark, I am 28 years old and currently living in the south of germany.

I want to move to kenya and work there asap - for a limited time. I was once in kenya for holiday loved it...

Hi Mark,

Welcome on board.

On vacation somewhere is different then to live and work. I hope you realize that.
For more info you can visit the Kenya forum as well.

Wish you all the best!

Hi mark,i trust u good.working in kenya is a good experience.what is ur field of specialization?or are u moving here with a job already..i can assist u with any details u need.                                         Regards,Edna

U r welcome. When will b coming?

Well for starters job opportunities are scarce in the Kenyan market,but my advice for you is to save some capital and venture into a business and start up an idea in the Kenyan scene.there numerous possibilities that you could introduce to the Kenyan scene that has not yet been tried.this will entirely depend on the field of expertise that you are in.well if you are looking for short term job,it will take a while.you could also consult personnel working at the Goethe institute in Nairobi.they have development projects there where you can make some inquiries on that.hope that information will be of help to you

Hallo Mark,
ich hoffe alles ist okay bei dir!
you are most welcomed to Kenya, you can be sure you will enjoy yourself, it's a beautiful country.

Herzlich Willkommen!!
:)

wilkommen in Kenya

I agree, getting a job in Kenya is VERY difficult, due to the high rate of unemployment amongst highly qualified Kenyans, plus the work permit rules and costs.  All work, paid or unpaid is prohibited in Kenya without a work permit.

It is easier to start a business and you can register a business without a work permit, but someone else would need to operate it for you.  This can bring about a whole lot more in the way of trust issues with a partner.  Again, to get a work permit as an investor requires you to have a lot of capital.

Hae mark did you get a job in kenya?

Thank you so much my friend. When and where do you want to come and live in Kenya? Sam from Kenya

Hello am Patricia and we can be friends