Looking to make some friends in Budapest

Sorry I have been away from the site for a while, I agree on a meeting for those of us who would like to, what about Friday? :)
If anyone has a suggestion for a not so noisy place, would be great.

Great! How about Saturday ?

Have we decided on date and place?
Saturday? What time and where?!

I'd suggest 7pm at kárpit cafe located at Wesselényi utca 12.  Nice and quiet place.
What do you think?

hello everyone :)
would you like to meet somewhere in budapest? i am indian and looking for friends here :)

Guys what about on Saturday at night or late aftrnoon? I will participate on a night ride which starts at 8 pm at the citycenter, but before that we can arange something!!

prestorondo wrote:

I'd suggest 7pm at kárpit cafe located at Wesselényi utca 12.  Nice and quiet place.
What do you think?

So, it seems we are not able to meet or decide something, so taking prestorondo's suggestions of place and peee's availability... I'll say this Saturday (oct 18) at 18h at Kárpit café I will be sure there with my partner, at least for a couple of hours. Hopefully someone can join us for a chat! :)

later in the week I'll write how you can identify me, clothes or sg like that. I've no idea atm.

I'll be there and i'll try to bring a friend as well!

I waited for y'all last saturday .. nobody showed up so i kept drinking till i couldn't drink no more!
Don't do this to me again this week plz :D

haha  we will drink together this week don't worry, maybe not as much.. we don't want to get annoying ;)

so  I've thought about how you can find us... not sure if it will help but I have long dark hair and wear a bunch of colorful bracelets.

see you there!

prestorondo wrote:

nobody showed up

Welcome to Hungary. That is often how it is here.

Promises made.

Promises broken.

klsallee wrote:
prestorondo wrote:

nobody showed up

Promises made.

Promises broken.

sorry, no promises were made...  please be sure to read and understand the full thread before posting :)

see you guys soon! :)

efimera wrote:

sorry, no promises were made...  please be sure to read and understand the full thread before posting :)

From thread:

mcfong wrote:

I'll be there and i'll try to bring a friend as well!

Looks like a declaration, assurance or indication to "be there", ergo a promise, to me.

No offense intended, but maybe *you* should read the thread......

Non taken!
So, I won't invest more time in answering you, since i'm no fan of trolls... of course unless you're planning to participate in this thread in order to make connections/friends/get together with us to socialize. You can happily go troll some other people who will have awesome arguments for you in more interesting topics ;) (hint: even group trolling is possible for you, here there aren't as many people answering for your delight).

" efimera wrote on 14 October 2014 18:21:12: So, it seems we are not able to meet or decide something, so taking prestorondo's suggestions of place and peee's availability... I'll say this Saturday (oct 18) at 18h at Kárpit café I will be sure there with my partner, at least for a couple of hours. Hopefully someone can join us for a chat!

mc fong wrote on 15 October 2014 11:52:55: I'll be there and i'll try to bring a friend as well!

prestorondo wrote on 15 October 2014 20:15:41: I waited for y'all last saturday .. nobody showed up so i kept drinking till i couldn't drink no more! Don't do this to me again this week plz  "

Therefore mcfong was referring to this weekend gathering, and for previous dates many people suggested a date and time, place, but nobody confirmed.

And did you realized your first comment doesn't make sense? almost everyone in the thread is an expat, so going on generalizing as we were Hungarians that brake promises, or that because we live in Hungary we will brake promises is utterly silly.

Anyway... happy trolling for you klsalle, and I kindly suggest to you (again) to learn to read thoroughly, because it seems it is not working for you :/

And for the rest of you, I hope this silly conversation hasn't kill the mood! I'm looking forward to meeting anyone of you, even if you brake a promise :P

efimera wrote:

unless you're planning to participate in this thread

Pointing out this has happened before:

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=182500

And that one should certainly not feel bad or let it affect one too much. It is simply how it can be here at times.

Understanding and being aware of the "dark side" of a place, even among fellow expats, also helps avoid getting dragged down by disappointments, so one can enjoy the positive aspects more. That is how I choose to participate. I guess we simply differ in what defines "participation" in this case. Maybe I am even singular in that view. So be it.

I had meant today!  things get lost in translation often- so hope all is well in the end. See you guys tonight?

I'll look for the girl with colorful bracelets but if you see an Asian girl with bangs looking cluelessly around- that's me!

All, can anyone from the group tell me an exact address and a time for the night? I missed the comment….  Anyway, as I mention I will have a night cycle trip around the city which starts at 8 pm at Szabadság tér ( here is he link, just for interests facebook.com/events/285388911651040/) but before that I will come up from Budakalasz, so it will be very tight, but I want to see ya guys, so I set the address and when I do the launch form Kalasz I am going to leave a comment here on the site to come.

Great! we'll find each other!
Hopefully you can join us:
Karpit café (Wesselényi utca 12) at 18h.
I have never been there so hopefully is a good one.

I won't be online all the time, so just drop by, for sure we'll be there for a couple of hours.

(btw the night ride sounds good!)

OK i have just started,maybe I can jump in for a while.I hope I will recognise the 'team' members:)

Hey! We've moved a few blocks to...szoda bar!

Come join us!

On the same situation.
Would you like to meet up some evening?

Hi MsRedTomato,

if you're up for  a coffee, i would be pleased to share your company

Hi Efimera,

same place as you.
Would you like to meet up one evening for a coffee or a dinner?

Hey Peet, I'm coming to Budapest tom. I wish I can meet you this time.
I wanted to buy a Hungarian line, any advice.

Do not hesitate, that is my advice :) Well, that is a really good idea, maybe at the weekend is more preferably for me. If you have the exact plan share the time and we will find out something in a local pub!

i will be gone by the weekend, sorry short vacation  :(
anyway i'll be closer to the metro station called Keleti
for the line, I guess this looks nice, it;s called Vodafone Max  S, M and L.

what do you think?

we can hangout any day after work or school (I don't know what you do)Vodafone Max plans

What I think is that these dials (lines) are absolutely unnecessary, except for people who stay longer than a week, don't go for it now :) (That is my suggestion) Use skype, or other applications, because u can find free wifi everywhere..... So what I offer is Friday night, after work I can go anywhere by bike, Keleti is basically great. I am going to finish work at five  pm or half past five. If it is gonna be a busy day maybe at six. Is it good for you?

yes, it is fine so far, I dont have any plans yet, thank you.
I will probably get a line anyway I need a mobile way to contact people, thanks for the advice though.
please send me your number in a message
or email me on
[email protected]
thanks again, looking forward to meet up.

can you please add me to FB or something because I cant use EXPAT while Im out
look for george colta
email [email protected]
I already bought the vodaone line. YAY :D:/

Ok I wrote that email!!!

[moderated: removed asked by author]

hello i am new in budapest. i really like to meet some new friends :D

Hi, I already in BP for a month now and I'm looking for friends too. I'm 22 yo Indonesian girl and will be here until summer. I'd love to meet new people. If you guys have any plans let me know, I'd love to join you.

Hey guys!

I'm an Irish girl leaving here in Budapest about 4 month.  I'm looking to meet some new lovely people to hang out with. Budapest can be really boring when you're on your own sometimes, despite how beautiful it is!

I'm interested in writing, going out, music and just having a good time.

No creepy people please lol
Cheers,
Caddy :)

[moderated: removed asked by author]

Hi! I'm a 20yo native British girl, from Manchester and taking a gap year from studies at Edinburgh university. I'm living with my brother, a young professional and his wife and was wondering if there were any other young English speaking people out there!

Hi!
Stephhargreave I'm also a 20 year old British girl living in Budapest :) I think I'm actually in a similar position to you - currently having a year out and will be starting at Glasgow School of Art in September so it would be interesting to meet! Anyone else too of course yours was just the first one I saw.
Nancy

Hh