Bringing in DVD and CD to Kuwait

Hi we are moving over there in a few days. We have a large CD and DVDlection that we want to bring for personal entertainment - is there any issues at the airport when arriiving with these in the luggage?

I haven't heard of any problems related to bringing one's CD's or DVD's. They are very good with catching drugs, alcohol and "toys". I traveled before with my collection of CD's out and back in .. no issues at all.

Bring'em on ... Enjoy :)

CDs are so 2004 and DVDs are so 2010 :P no offence

you will find that the internet speed in kuwait coupled with a high disregard for piracy makes for quite the interesting entertainment on the telly.

plus everything is available here, and if you are lucky a fellow will pass by your building selling bootlegged DVDs for a KD or so each, less if you can haggle or buy in bulk. they're even all over the streets in salmiya, right infront of the cops noses.

@legacy I was gonna touch on the issue of piracy here in Kuwait but I preferred to leave it for them as a surprise. Plus, after sometime with your CD's you kinda develop an intimacy that prevents you from throwing them away or replacing them with newer technology.

I still feel sad for the CD's which my kids have broken ... it was a massacre  :sosad:

the quality of those DVDs where not that good to watch.you can get online better quality and that too pirated.

JFU i take that and raise u this; during my time in Uni I downloaded a lot of movies, like A LOT. every day I was downloading something (back in the good old days of 256kbps, only later towards my uni days was it upped to 512). I had such a collection people would ocme to my house to watch them. heres the thing, I never watched any of them. some of those movies are now played on TV, and I still havent watched them!

I'm a tech-hoarder.

I even remember overburning CDs to get 710MB on them, and even using the 900MB CDs once or twice :P

good times, good times.

to be honest,when i newly got 1 MB connection,my younger brother downloaded several games.and used to sell in school to get quick money.lol