Marriage in Egypt

Hey friends!
I am from Latvia. I want make marriage in Egypt. The future husband is from Algeria. I am divorced (2011). Do not live in Egypt, but we are planning to visit Egypt to marry. Maybe someone can recommend what is needed? This is the type of documents and like this. Maybe someone can share contacts with persons who enter into marriage, preferably in Cairo. Be grateful for any information.

you will need some documents from your country or your embassy here in Cairo about your details like that you are above 18, mature, single, religion because they do not allow atheist marriage here in Egypt only if you are ( Muslim-Christian- Jewish) then the other process is easy.

Tnx about reponse. But can someone exactly say witch documents need?

Usually you need a kind of permission from ur embassy here in Egypt to get married in the Shar al akari office here in Cairo. This requires different papers from ur homecountry. You got to ask ur embassy here in Egypt. Same applies to ur fiance. Why should u make things even more complicated than it is already in a bi national marriage? Why don't u get married either in Algeria or in Latvia?
Best of luck

Caty

i think  you will be eligable to the husband rules which mean you can go to the embassy and finish it there

u have to ask your embassy in egypt before u come

Hi you will have to bring your passport your birth certificate and proof of your divorce but if u contact ur embassy they will tell u exactly and will also give you the fees also to make the marriage validated in your country you will have to get the marriage paper translated and stamped by your embassy as someone else commented as neither of you are Egyptian may be it would be easier to marry in one of your home countries ...what ever you decide I wish you luck and congratulations

Hi Rindina,

You should look at the other marriage in Egypt thread.
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=150289
This is always being updated.

My advice would be to get married in either your country or your fiance's country.  It is very difficult, time consuming and costly to be married in Egypt as a foreigner.  You can only be married at the Foreign Marriage Office in Lazoughly Square in Cairo.  You will need to contact them to find out exactly what paperwork you need since you aren't marrying an Egyptian citizen.

Angela