Relocating to Floreal, Mauritius

I am being offered 80,000 MUR per month without accomodation n transportation. We are an elderly couple with no kids. If you can help us to know the following:
- will 80,000 MUR per month be sufficient, considering accomodation and transportation will be on us.
- how much will a 2 bedroom fully furnished apartment cost near the Fortis Hospital.
- what is the cheapest way to get a small sized car. If buying a car is advisable, then how much monthly cost it comes out to be.
Please reply as soon as possible as we have to decide within 24 hrs.

Dear anshulmathur,
Actually, it is not bad salary in Mauritius. It depends on your usual expenses, will it be enough or not. The rental cost of apartment around this place starts approximately from 15 000Rs. To rent a car - about 20 000Rs/month. If to buy - second hand european car brands are cheaper than japanese cars.

The rs you are talking about is MUR or ind rs

anshulmathur2807 wrote:

I am being offered 80,000 MUR per month without accomodation n transportation. We are an elderly couple with no kids. If you can help us to know the following:
- will 80,000 MUR per month be sufficient, considering accomodation and transportation will be on us.
- how much will a 2 bedroom fully furnished apartment cost near the Fortis Hospital.
- what is the cheapest way to get a small sized car. If buying a car is advisable, then how much monthly cost it comes out to be.
Please reply as soon as possible as we have to decide within 24 hrs.

For cost of living try www.numbeo.com so you can at least work out a budget

80,000 monthly is more than sufficient for you to reside on this island. when you add to 20,000 to the 80,000 monthly you can get yourself a nice car. a two bedroom furnished apartment near fortis , it goees for like 10,000rupee all bill inclusive. internet, water n electiricity. I guess you are satisfy with my respond?

Hi Litho, i haven't seen such interesting prices for accomodation with all bills included. Is this an average price you give or it's a specific place you know is up for rent?
anyway to answer the original question i'm sure 80.000MUR gives the chance for a good life.

Dear anshulmathur2807,
I was saying about MUR.

yes specific, but it all depend on you at the time...bcos another man's food , is another man's poison.lol do you understand my parable.....lol.....but with 80,000MUR monthly. u gonna be fine here Sir.

Hello,

Is it necessary for you to be near Fortis Hospital. Quatre Bornes is best for expatriates where climate also is better than Floreal especially in Winter.