I Want To Retire To Taiwan From USA

#1 25 June 2010 02:19:11

arnie
arnie
Rochester, NY USA

I Want To Retire To Taiwan From USA

I am a retired gentleman from the USA.  I love Taiwan and the Taiwan people very much.  I visit Taiwan often and learn more and more about this unique country.

I have researched the ARC requirements.  It looks like it is almost impossible to immigrate to Taiwan unless you have employment in Taiwan.  My retirement income would provide a very comfortable life for me.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how a retiree from The USA can obtain an ARC?  The ARC, as I understand it, is Taiwan's equivelent to A USA Green card.

Would it be helpful if I retained an immigration attorney in Taiwan?  If so, does anyone know of a reputable attorney?

#2 25 June 2010 08:52:47

Huntersville
Huntersville
Carolinas

Re: I Want To Retire To Taiwan From USA

I got a multiple entry visa in NYC..Good for 60 days but with extensions good for almost 6 months then I have to leave the ountry so I zip over to Hong Kong etc & return to start all over again. I inquired & was informed that I need a good conduct letter ( criminal report ) from the US plus the other documentation such as medical report & I can stay for a year. Of course being that my Chinese wife of 25 years is a Taiwan national helps so this might not apply to you.
Regards, Ron

#3 25 June 2010 11:36:25

arnie
arnie
Rochester, NY USA

Re: I Want To Retire To Taiwan From USA

Do you fear that at some point they won't grant your Visa renewal?  Are you aware of anyone being refused a renewal?

Expatriate health insurance Taiwan
Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Taiwan.
>> Click here
Expat banking Taiwan
Discover the benefits of expat banking for people living and working abroad.
>> Click here
Moving to Taiwan
A few tips from professionals about moving to Taiwan.
>> Click here
Travel insurance Taiwan
Don't worry and travel happy across Taiwan.
>> Click here