I want to move to Turkey! Is it difficult?

I am Russian but currently living in the US. I have both passports. I just went to Turkey for a vacation and fell in love with the place. I was wondering if anybody can tell me how easy or hard it is to relocate to Turkey and what it's like to live there. Is it hard to find a job? How high is the cost of living? I live in NYC now. Can't be more than that can it? It just seems so nice and relaxed and people are so nice. Am I being naive? Any insights from the people that done it? I would really appreciate it.

As far as I see some big companies which export to Russia or other part of the world( as english) may need native speakers.
So you can try them, maybe in turkish job sites or in their own career pages.
Or language schools are really big option. They need foreign speakers.

Istanbul is a good city to live. You should choose the true part to live in terms of population, traffic, rates.

As a hint:)

First make good, real friends, then they will try for you to death.

i want to settled in Turkey in Istanbul ,from where i should start pls. ur advice and sugession are highly apreciated

It is not difficult.There exists thousands of foreigners living in Turkey with no hassle.
As for employment,this should be worthwhile to think about for a newcomer.For anything else,a specific query - please do write back.
Regards
Andre

Yea it's actually easy there are thousand of re-location companies which have many services like helping you move dor to door to door transportation, private lessosunsand courses,  furnishing etc. (moderated: no ads please) my email and if you need names of these companies or something else to ask please email me.

Hi,

Please check the website  settleinturkey(dot)com where info about a very livable spot in Turkey is given.

Yours, Sincerely

Mehmet Pojon

Hi BluRussian,

I am Turkish, originally from Istanbul, but after living almost 6 years in Washington DC, US I just moved to IStanbul. Cost of living is very low compared to NYC. Rents changes between $300 and $1000. It is upto if you want a room to share or rent an apartment by yourself. It is hard to find a studio apt. the ones you will find will be in high tower building,very high end and you would  probably pay around $ 1000. People are very friendly and helpful. I would recommend nice neighborhoods like Etiler, Bebek, Nisantasi,Levent, Ulus, Ortakoy, Sisli ( in European side) Goztepe, Bostanci, Suadiye ,Caddebostan, Kadikoy ( in Anatolian side). Finding a job would depend on your major. If you talk about night life most of the places, are open till 6am in the morning. One thing, i was surprised to see people were smoking in night clubs, and cafes, even if it was banned like around a year ago. Let me know if you have further questions...Have fun in Istanbul...:)

hi< what do you mean by major? i'm in Engineering work and i really want to move my family to Istanbul. I found a lot of export companies want English speaking employees. Did you like Washington more than Istanbul?

Hello goddess42,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Kindly note that the thread is already four years old and you might not get any answer...

However, I invite you to introduce yourself and participate on the forum.

Have a good day!
Olivier
Expat.com Team

Hi goddess42,

I have lived in USA and I believed Turkey is better but not for everyone. Before living in Turkey, you should learn certain information about Turkey. Also, before comparing it is difficult or not, I need to know what you are doing already in there and what you like. I need to know your goals.

Have a nice day.
Ahmet

@goddess42

@blurussian
Hi
I am Iranian and from 2 next day I will be in istanbul for one month for vacation and find job I checked situation if you would like can be shared our results
whats app : ***
Moderated by Priscilla last year
Reason : please do not post personal contact details for your own security
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct