ATV's in San Miguel

Hi All!

Just recently moved to SMA and looking for an ATV to rent or buy. We'll be renting a property about 8 mins outside of town for the next 3 months and hope to have an ATV for that time. We'd prefer to buy and then sell it afterwards, but renting would be great too. Seems to me there are many expats living here part time that may have one sitting in the garage during the summer months, would be great to strike a deal with someone.

Anyway, looking for some ideas on where to look? I've tried craigslist and mercado libre online.

Also was wondering if anyone has advice or info about registering and insuring ATV's? Is it difficult? Will my UK Driver's license be acceptable?

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,

Shannon

I can't help you with your question, but would love to know about your rental.  How did you find it?  What did you find available?  I want to go somewhere warm for January and February.  I would also like access to English speaking television.  So any information on that is appreciated.

Hi Susan,

I suggest you use airbnb.com or craigslist guanajuato. There are plenty of places to rent, either whole house or a single room. In the winter months it can get cold at night in San Miguel, as it's in the mountains, so if you want really warm stick to the coasts. But the days are still sunny and warm. Otherwise, I highly recommend San Miguel, it's full of culture, interesting people and beauty.  :)

Thanks.  The weather sounds fine, not too hot; but away from frigid Ohio Winters with snow and ice.

SHANNON - I FOUND YOUR CANADIAN PASSPORT.  DO U WANT IT BACK ?
IM IN SAN MIGUEL THIS WEEK. LET ME KNOW.